Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Titan » DTE: Decoding of integer failed when component stops
DTE: Decoding of integer failed when component stops [message #1797869] Wed, 07 November 2018 16:54 Go to next message
Daniel Willmann is currently offline Daniel WillmannFriend
Hello,

I'm encountering the following dynamic test case error that I can't seem to track down:
15:09:44.803306 8 ERROR BSC_MS_Simulation.ttcn:74->BSC_MS_Simulation.ttcn:94 Dynamic test case error: Text decoder: Decoding of integer failed.

The full log is attached.

I am using the daniel/bscnat_tests branch of git://git.osmocom.org/osmo-ttcn3-hacks.git

This happens while waiting for a component to stop with vc_conn.done at the moment the component stops itself.
I enabled debug information (especially DEBUG_ENCDEC), but I don't really see what the integer in question is.

To reproduce you can use the docker images from git://git.osmocom.org/docker-playground.git which will also start the bscnat.

$ git clone git://git.osmocom.org/docker-playground.git -b daniel/bscnat_tests
$ cd docker-playground/osmo-nitb-master && make
$ cd ../ttcn3-bscnat-test && make
$ ./jenkins.sh

The log file will be in /tmp/logs/bscnat-tester/

I'm using Eclipse Titan from Debian tesing version 6.3.1-1+b4

TTCN-3 and ASN.1 Compiler for the TTCN-3 Test Executor
Product number: CRL 113 200/6 R3B
Build date: Oct 28 2018 15:23:54
Compiled with: GCC 8.2.0
Using OpenSSL 1.1.1  11 Sep 2018

I'd appreciate any help you could give me.

Regards
Daniel
Re: DTE: Decoding of integer failed when component stops [message #1797974 is a reply to message #1797869] Fri, 09 November 2018 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Botond Baranyi is currently offline Botond BaranyiFriend
Hi Daniel,

I'm trying to reproduce this error, but I'm unable to build the mentioned docker image.

The second line in the command list you've posted is what fails:

ebotbar@ebotbarVB:~/git/docker-playground/osmo-nitb-master$ make
docker build --build-arg USER=ebotbar -t docker.io/ebotbar/osmo-nitb-master:latest .
WARNING: Error loading config file: /home/ebotbar/.docker/config.json: open /home/ebotbar/.docker/config.json: permission denied
Got permission denied while trying to connect to the Docker daemon socket at unix:///var/run/docker.sock: Post http://%2Fvar%2Frun%2Fdocker.sock/v1.38/build?buildargs=%7B%22USER%22%3A%22ebotbar%22%7D&cachefrom=%5B%5D&cgroupparent=&cpuperiod=0&cpuquota=0&cpusetcpus=&cpusetmems=&cpushares=0&dockerfile=Dockerfile&labels=%7B%7D&memory=0&memswap=0&networkmode=default&rm=1&session=y7wjcve2r3sjfwf98bty8hpbu&shmsize=0&t=docker.io%2Febotbar%2Fosmo-nitb-master%3Alatest&target=&ulimits=null&version=1: dial unix /var/run/docker.sock: connect: permission denied
../make/Makefile:42: recipe for target 'docker-build' failed
make: *** [docker-build] Error 1

I've also tried it with 'sudo make', which seems to help, but it still fails:

ebotbar@ebotbarVB:~/git/docker-playground/osmo-nitb-master$ sudo make
docker build --build-arg USER=root -t docker.io/root/osmo-nitb-master:latest .
Sending build context to Docker daemon  12.29kB
Step 1/17 : ARG	USER
Step 2/17 : FROM	$USER/debian-jessie-build
pull access denied for root/debian-jessie-build, repository does not exist or may require 'docker login'
../make/Makefile:42: recipe for target 'docker-build' failed
make: *** [docker-build] Error 1

Do you have any idea what I might be missing?

Best regards,
Botond Baranyi
Re: DTE: Decoding of integer failed when component stops [message #1797990 is a reply to message #1797974] Fri, 09 November 2018 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Botond,

thanks for your help so far and sorry for the confusion. The docker image depends on others to be built before and I have forgotten to include these steps.
If you update the daniel/bscnat_tests branch and run ./jenkins.sh in the bscnat directory that should build all the required intermediate images.

In case that does not work you can try and do a "make" in the debian-jessie-build and debian-stretch-titan directories before running make in osmo-nitb-master and ttcn3-bscnat-test. This is basically what the jenkins.sh script should do for you.

Regards
Daniel
Re: DTE: Decoding of integer failed when component stops [message #1797995 is a reply to message #1797990] Fri, 09 November 2018 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay, I removed all my built docker images and with the current branch daniel/bscnat_tests I can simply type ./jenkins.sh and it builds the images and runs the test.

You should be able to use docker without sudo, though I had to add my user to the docker group on Debian. The docker daemon also needs to be started, but I think without that even sudo would not work.

Regards,
Daniel
Re: DTE: Decoding of integer failed when component stops [message #1798157 is a reply to message #1797869] Tue, 13 November 2018 13:05 Go to previous message
Botond Baranyi is currently offline Botond BaranyiFriend
Hi Daniel,

I'm afraid this project is too complicated and time-consuming for me to debug in.

Could you send me the TTCN-3 part of the project (without the docker images or shell scripts), or a small TTCN-3 project, where this issue can be reproduced?

Best regards,
Botond Baranyi
Previous Topic:Generating invalid UTF-8
Next Topic:How to execute test cases with Linux command line
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 02:02:22 GMT 2024