Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Browser with PDF hides RAP combo drop-down
Browser with PDF hides RAP combo drop-down [message #1797844] Wed, 07 November 2018 11:33 Go to next message
Flavio Donze is currently offline Flavio DonzeFriend
Hello

In my RAP application I have a few combos and a browser below which shows a pdf file:
index.php/fa/34269/0/

The problem, if the combo opens the dropdown it vanishes behind the pdf.

Any known workaround for this? Doing some research I found out that setting the "z-index:-1;" would probably help, but I didn't find a way to add it to the browser widget.
Declaring it in the CSS throws an error:
org.w3c.css.sac.CSSException: Failed to read property zindex: Unknown property z-index
  • Attachment: pdf.PNG
    (Size: 4.31KB, Downloaded 278 times)

Prozessmanagement und Qualitätsmanagement Software QMS/IMS
https://www.scodi.ch
Re: Browser with PDF hides RAP combo drop-down [message #1797845 is a reply to message #1797844] Wed, 07 November 2018 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vincenzo Caselli is currently offline Vincenzo CaselliFriend

Hi Flavio,
we have many RAP applications with this same problem still unsolved, see here

https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=629619&goto=1224742&#msg_1224742

We had to surrender the fact that, if using IE or Edge, when showing a PDF any other drop-down, dialog or similar are being hidden by the PDF layer.
In particular, if a dialog is shown (either an application specific one or an automatic one that comes from an error) and its completely under the PDF, then the UI experience is terrible, since the user sees a freezed UI (grey-inactive all around the PDF), but has no clue how to get out of this (well, generally hitting the Return key closes the underlying dialog).

Up to now we changed the layout and tried to intercept every dialog and replace them with a message in a component that shows in a side area (with respect to the PDF area), or reducing the PDF area trying to avoid the overlapping.

If you find a better way, please update us in this thread!
HTH
Thank you
Vincenzo
RCP Vision

[Updated on: Wed, 07 November 2018 11:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Browser with PDF hides RAP combo drop-down [message #1797849 is a reply to message #1797845] Wed, 07 November 2018 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Flavio Donze is currently offline Flavio DonzeFriend
Thanks for your reply. Will post if I come up with a solutions, but maybe I'll just redesign the UI and place the combos somewhere else.

Prozessmanagement und Qualitätsmanagement Software QMS/IMS
https://www.scodi.ch
Re: Browser with PDF hides RAP combo drop-down [message #1799402 is a reply to message #1797849] Thu, 06 December 2018 09:04 Go to previous message
Linuxhippy Mising name is currently offline Linuxhippy Mising nameFriend
Bets would be to use a non-native PDF viewer like PDF.js.
PDF.js draws into a normal HTML5 canvas and therefore conforms to Z-Ordering.
Previous Topic:UIThread not shutting down after closing browser with multiple Runnables currently beeing executed
Next Topic:SWT manual resource disposal
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:09:41 GMT 2024