Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » AspectJ » Vaadin and AspectJ - main() or init() - compilers integration(The purpose of this topic is to find a way to communicate between Vaadin and AspectJ compiler)
Vaadin and AspectJ - main() or init() - compilers integration [message #1797843] Wed, 07 November 2018 11:07 Go to next message
Reza Payambari is currently offline Reza PayambariFriend
I've started a Vaadin project to try AspectJ with Vaadin and I realized that AspectJ compiler needs or search after the main() structure in the main class, where Vaadin uses an init() structure instead. Therefore AspectJ compiler reports an error which says "Lunch Error - Selection does not contain a main type".

I added an empty main() structure to the main class to avoid this error, which also worked but just to avoid the error, there happens nothing more. The code in the init() structure won't be executed.

I searched on the Internet for anything and tried to figure it out how I can connect both compilers with a bridge together, no result!

I will be thankful for any help!
Reza
Re: Vaadin and AspectJ - main() or init() - compilers integration [message #1798072 is a reply to message #1797843] Mon, 12 November 2018 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sampo Suonsyrja is currently offline Sampo SuonsyrjaFriend
I've tried combining AspectJ and Vaadin a few times, a few years ago however.

I think all that was needed was to insert the aspectJ dependency to the pom.xml file. For example like this:
<dependency>
                <groupId>org.aspectj</groupId>
                <artifactId>aspectjrt</artifactId>
                <version>1.8.0</version>
</dependency>

You won't have to insert additional main() function, because it breaks the execution of the actual vaadin program like you said.
Re: Vaadin and AspectJ - main() or init() - compilers integration [message #1798204 is a reply to message #1798072] Wed, 14 November 2018 07:56 Go to previous message
Reza Payambari is currently offline Reza PayambariFriend
Thanks a lot, Sampo!
It works properly.
Previous Topic:Equivalent command for Maven -> Update Project
Next Topic:AspectJ - around advice and ProceedingJoinPoint
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:24:32 GMT 2024