Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » bug or configuration error on new install?(my perspective frequently collapses, don't know why)
bug or configuration error on new install? [message #1797810] Tue, 06 November 2018 17:46
George Olson is currently offline George OlsonFriend
I just downloaded and installed Eclipse, the latest 2018 package available directly from the Eclipse website. I installed the Eclipse for PHP developers, knowing I will be working on that soon, and also loaded pydev in order to use it to create a python project. Linux, 64 bit.

But the problem I am having is that the "perspective" window for my python project seems to just collapse on its own from time to time, especially when I switch in and out of the IDE to look at something in a web browser or something else. If I switch the focus away from Eclipse, when I return to it and click on the editor window where my program is, the whole perspective just collapses. I can click on the pydev icon in the menu bar on the left side of eclipse and get it right back, but it is kind of a pain in the neck to have to do this all the time.

First question is, is this the right place to ask this kind of question and get beginner help on using Eclipse? I am not asking for help about anything to do with python - this is just about using Eclipse.

2nd question - is this a bug, or have I configured something wrong? Is there a setting somewhere that says to automatically collapse the perspective when switching away and back again? I couldn't find one if there is. Is there some other configuration problem? Or is this a bug that I need to report?
Previous Topic:Is there a work around for this problem - EMF tutorial and error launching debug as Eclipse App.
Next Topic:Can't install Eclipse onto Mac
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:59:46 GMT 2024