Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » Genmodel and interface default methods
Genmodel and interface default methods [message #1797593] Fri, 02 November 2018 13:01 Go to next message
Alain Picard is currently offline Alain PicardFriend
I can't see any direct way to define an interface in my model and to implement default methods in the interface and indicating that the implementing classes don't have to provide any implementation either in the genmodel or via some form of javadoc annotations like @Implements.

Am I just missing a recent feature? I don't really feel like providing a generated not for each with a super call to the default (SONAR will now complain :) )

With Java continuing to improve the role of interfaces, some related features would be very welcomed.

Re: Genmodel and interface default methods [message #1797610 is a reply to message #1797593] Fri, 02 November 2018 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
No, EMF has no support for default interface methods, and in general has no specialized Java support beyond Java 1.5.

Perhaps someone cares enough to fund the effort for such a new feature.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Genmodel and interface default methods [message #1797640 is a reply to message #1797610] Sat, 03 November 2018 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alain Picard is currently offline Alain PicardFriend
Ed,

Thanks for the quick reply as always. Given our transition away from RCP and move to a full DS mode, we are planning a number of tweaks to the generator early 2019, and we'll look into including this into the fold. Might solicit your feedback to adopt a solution that can be shared.

Cheers,
Alain
Re: Genmodel and interface default methods [message #1798430 is a reply to message #1797640] Sun, 18 November 2018 15:12 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

I've just been evolving an EMF model under API tooling and had a play to see to what extent default might help.

EMF enhancement https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=541284 raised to place the discussion somewhere more pertinent.

Regards

Ed Willink

Previous Topic:Using Common Navigator to view EMF
Next Topic:Getting Error For EForms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:09:16 GMT 2024