Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Exchanging messages between controllers with Papyrus-RT (How to implement in Papyrus-RT a message exchange between capsules from different controllers.)
Exchanging messages between controllers with Papyrus-RT [message #1797512] Thu, 01 November 2018 01:26 Go to next message
Dimo Ditchev is currently offline Dimo DitchevFriend
I am trying to design a Papyrus RT model where capsules in 2 different controller can exchange messages.
Re: Exchanging messages between controllers with Papyrus-RT [message #1797517 is a reply to message #1797512] Thu, 01 November 2018 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Charles Rivet is currently offline Charles RivetFriend

Hi Dimo,

This is handled automatically. You can create two capsules with a connector between them and then assign each capsule to its own controller ("physical thread of control"). The messages send should be exchanged without problems.

Are you running into problemes doint this?

It is an important feature of Papyrus-RT that this allocation of capsules to controller (/thread) be handled transparently.

/Charles Rivet
Re: Exchanging messages between controllers with Papyrus-RT [message #1797550 is a reply to message #1797517] Thu, 01 November 2018 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is beautiful, thank you again.

[Updated on: Thu, 01 November 2018 16:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Exchanging messages between controllers with Papyrus-RT [message #1797553 is a reply to message #1797550] Thu, 01 November 2018 16:39 Go to previous message
Charles, can you help me with a small detail:
I create 2 capsules in a Top capsule. The Top capsule will be assigned a Default controller.
Then I can select each capsule as Top and this will create Controller for each.
So I will have 2 executables, one for each Capsule.
I kind of don't understand how the capsules will exchange messages in a linux shell.
I am lost here - Is there any example?
Previous Topic:SWT download
Next Topic:Displaying full Hierarchical State Diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:00:13 GMT 2024