Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » eclipse compiling wrong file(eclipse compiling wrong file)
eclipse compiling wrong file [message #1797340] Tue, 30 October 2018 06:15 Go to next message
bruce chamb is currently offline bruce chambFriend
I am using Eclipse Version: 2018-09 (4.9) with pydev.

I've created a pydev project and created a py source file within src, which I could run.

I added another source file (*.py) but when I try to compile and run the new file, eclipse attempts to run the old py file.

I've attempted selecting the new file name from the Run drop down menu but it still attempts to run the old file.

I've deleted the old file but it still attempts to run the old file.

It seems the choice of file to run from the Run dropdown menu doesn't work.

How can I get eclipse to compile and run my new file or a py file of my choosing?

Thank you
Re: eclipse compiling wrong file [message #1797393 is a reply to message #1797340] Tue, 30 October 2018 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anne Creek is currently offline Anne CreekFriend
"close project " and "open project" works on Oxygen #3
Re: eclipse compiling wrong file [message #1798132 is a reply to message #1797340] Tue, 13 November 2018 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Moran is currently offline Patrick MoranFriend
I think I have been having the same problem lately, I was reviewing several projects in the same workspace. I would open one project, put the java files to screen, and press the run button. Often it would run a previously run file. Why?

Finally I figured out that if I forced Eclipse to resave these files, or maybe just the main file among them, the problem went away. So I might randomly delete one letter from somewhere in the file, reinsert it, and save.

Doing so would force Eclipse to update itself to recognize that I'd put the old application aside and was now working on a different project.
Re: eclipse compiling wrong file [message #1798184 is a reply to message #1798132] Tue, 13 November 2018 19:33 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Did you check the "Launching" preference page for how the Launch Operation should behave?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:JtextField not editable when JDialog is displayed on mac os using eclipse plugin
Next Topic:Viable? :Eclipse/Export/Other/Mac OS X application bundle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:09:11 GMT 2024