Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » Newbee - .gitignore is broken
Newbee - .gitignore is broken [message #1797311] Mon, 29 October 2018 19:55 Go to next message
Christian Becker is currently offline Christian BeckerFriend
Hi There,

I've build Eclipse SmartHome for the first time using the easy instructions on github. But after building I have more then 700 modified and untracked files. Obviously something went wrong, but I have no idea what.
I've checked out the master and using macOS Mojave as build environment.

Bests
Chris
Re: Newbee - .gitignore is broken [message #1797319 is a reply to message #1797311] Mon, 29 October 2018 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
Hi Chris,

Are you sure that you have performed steps 8 and 9 of https://www.eclipse.org/smarthome/documentation/development/ide.html?
If so, try to open the file "smarthome.target" in the Eclipse editor and see if it manages to resolve the target platform correctly (this is what the IDE compiles again).

Regards,
Kai
Re: Newbee - .gitignore is broken [message #1797339 is a reply to message #1797319] Tue, 30 October 2018 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kai Kreuzer wrote on Mon, 29 October 2018 22:25

Are you sure that you have performed steps 8 and 9 of https://www.eclipse.org/smarthome/documentation/development/ide.html?

Hi Kai,

No I haven't. I've checked out https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome and followed the steps there. Are they outdated? I only wan't to enhance the extensions a little bit and if I can avoid it don't want to Use Eclipse IDE.

Best regards
Chris
Re: Newbee - .gitignore is broken [message #1797351 is a reply to message #1797339] Tue, 30 October 2018 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome only speaks about the headless Maven build, which should work flawlessly as well.
I am not completely sure whether the Maven build leaves the repo in a completely clean state or if there are any untracked changes afterwards - if so, they can be ignored/reset. Simply only commit the changes that you have done.
Re: Newbee - .gitignore is broken [message #1797391 is a reply to message #1797351] Tue, 30 October 2018 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kai Kreuzer wrote on Tue, 30 October 2018 08:11
https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome only speaks about the headless Maven build, which should work flawlessly as well.
I am not completely sure whether the Maven build leaves the repo in a completely clean state or if there are any untracked changes afterwards - if so, they can be ignored/reset. Simply only commit the changes that you have done.

Because mvn build failes even with skipping the tests es described in the readme, I've decided to install the IDE like you mentioned before. But even this won't work because of 466 Errors that are red even after Step 9.
Re: Newbee - .gitignore is broken [message #1797425 is a reply to message #1797391] Tue, 30 October 2018 18:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've added a screenshot of the errors. They seems to be all Xtend based.
  • Attachment: Errors.jpeg
    (Size: 251.63KB, Downloaded 103 times)
Re: Newbee - .gitignore is broken [message #1797456 is a reply to message #1797425] Wed, 31 October 2018 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks indeed as if steps 8+9 have not been successfully executed.
Step 8 launches a longer running background task. Please check wether this completed successfully or if it logged any errors (click on the little rotating blue/yellow arrows in the IDE footer (with the tooltip "Eclipse Updater") to see the progress in detai).
Re: Newbee - .gitignore is broken [message #1797484 is a reply to message #1797456] Wed, 31 October 2018 14:21 Go to previous message
I've found the problem: You have to set Java Version twice. Maybe you could update Step 3 and 5 with the hint "Check, that Java Version is 1.8". Probably you have to change only the Version in Step 5, but I didn't check this.
Previous Topic:Eclipse (SimRel 2018‑09) formatter (configuration) on save broken?
Next Topic:Timer reschedule()
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:38:20 GMT 2024