Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » State Machine Inheritance(How to build hierarchical state machines in Papyrus?)
State Machine Inheritance [message #1797197] Sat, 27 October 2018 15:59 Go to next message
Tom Krippes is currently offline Tom KrippesFriend
Hello,

I'm new to Papyrus and I've got a problem where I can't find any solution.

I want to build hierarchical state machine. For example state machine 1 defines a general structure (states, transitions etc) that every other state machine should use. Then if state machine 2 inherits from state machine 1 it should have all the states, transitions etc that state machine 1 has and it should be possible to edit these states, transitions etc but also be able to add new states and transitions. The inherited states and transitions should also be graphically shown.

I know that you can mark state machines as a generalization of other machine states, but if for example the empty state machine 2 gets marked as a generalization from state machine 1 and state machine 1 defines some states and transitions then state machine 2 is still empty.

So my question is: Is it possible to build such a state machine hierarchy in Papyrus? And if yes, how?
Re: State Machine Inheritance [message #1797278 is a reply to message #1797197] Mon, 29 October 2018 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Charles Rivet is currently offline Charles RivetFriend

We had this issue in Papyrus for Real Time and, if I remember correctly, we had to do some magic to get this working (I want to say we had to redefine all elements, but I'm not sure...)
Of course, in Papyrus for Real Time, we coded that in to the tool so the user did not have to do it manually...

/Charles Rivet
Re: State Machine Inheritance [message #1797289 is a reply to message #1797278] Mon, 29 October 2018 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom Krippes is currently offline Tom KrippesFriend
So as of now (version 1.0.0 of Papryus-RT), is it possible to do state machine inheritance? If yes, is there maybe a guide or something similar?
Because I have found something about state machine inheritance inside capsules. But every time I tried to edit a state machine in a capsule, it wouldn't let my add any states or transitions so I'm a bit helpless there.
Re: State Machine Inheritance [message #1797508 is a reply to message #1797289] Wed, 31 October 2018 22:32 Go to previous message
Ansgar Radermacher is currently offline Ansgar RadermacherFriend
Hi,

you might have a look at the videos from Christian, e.g. this one.
Previous Topic:How to install Moka in Papyrus 2018-9?
Next Topic:Multiplicity of an association class is not visible
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:49:53 GMT 2024