Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Babel » Future Babel Release Plan
Future Babel Release Plan [message #1796522] Mon, 15 October 2018 16:45 Go to next message
Kit Lo is currently offline Kit LoFriend
Babel's release plan of two releases a year (one in August and another one in November) was basing on the older Eclipse Simultaneous Release (SimRel) model of a major release in June followed by two service releases, assuming that there are not much new strings for new functions in the service releases. Eclipse SimRel has switched to a quarterly rolling release model with new functions in each release. Babel's release plan should be modified to accommodate the new strings for new functions in the more frequent Eclipse SimRel's.

With the limited human resources our project has, we may not be able to provide four Babel releases a year like the Eclipse SimRel does. I'm proposing to keep producing two Babel releases a year, but spread them out 6 months apart (one after the June Eclipse SimRel and another one after the December Eclipse SimRel). I also want to release Babel sooner after the Eclipse SimRel. I'm hoping to make Babel release available 4 weeks after the Eclipse SimRel instead of 6 weeks.

To sum up, I'm proposing to provide one Babel release at end of July after the June Eclipse SimRel and another Babel release at end of January after the December Eclipse SimRel.

Any comment for the new Babel release plan proposal?

Regards,
Kit Lo
Eclipse Babel Project Lead
IBM Eclipse SDK (IES) Technical Lead
Re: Future Babel Release Plan [message #1800605 is a reply to message #1796522] Thu, 03 January 2019 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jiang Ruyi is currently offline Jiang RuyiFriend
lookforward to a simrel babel pack
Re: Future Babel Release Plan [message #1801775 is a reply to message #1800605] Sat, 26 January 2019 09:04 Go to previous message
Jiang Ruyi is currently offline Jiang RuyiFriend
will a simrel babel language release at January?thks!
Previous Topic:Babel Language Packs R0.15.0 are now available!
Next Topic:when pub the Eclipse 4.9 SimRel Language pack?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 19:09:15 GMT 2024