Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Decorate ModelExplorer-Element in Diagram
Decorate ModelExplorer-Element in Diagram [message #1796394] Fri, 12 October 2018 10:14 Go to next message
Fudo Miwa is currently offline Fudo MiwaFriend
Hello^^,

i am beginner in Eclipse and Papyrus developement, i would really appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction.

What I want to do is browse the ModelExplorer for specific elements and then decorate their corresponding diagram part.
For example I want to decorate the BDD-Element of a Block with name "Block_System". Below is my current code and "Decorate corresponding Element in BDD" marks the spot where I am stuck.

IViewDescriptor modelExplorerViewDesc = PlatformUI.getWorkbench().getViewRegistry().find("org.eclipse.papyrus.views.modelexplorer.modelexplorer");
IViewPart modelExplorerViewPart = PlatformUI.getWorkbench().getActiveWorkbenchWindow().getActivePage().findView(modelExplorerViewDesc.getId());
ModelExplorerPageBookView modelExplorerPageBookView = (ModelExplorerPageBookView) modelExplorerViewPart;

ServicesRegistry registry = (ServicesRegistry) modelExplorerPageBookView.getAdapter(ServicesRegistry.class);

ModelSet papyrusModelSet = registry.getService(ModelSet.class);

UmlModel umlModel = (UmlModel) papyrusModelSet.getModel(UmlModel.MODEL_ID);

EObject modelRoot = umlModel.lookupRoot();

Resource umlResource = modelRoot.eResource();
for (EObject currentObject : umlResource.getContents()) {

if (currentObject instanceof Block) {
		Block block = (Block) currentObject;

if (block.getBase_Class().getName().equals("BLOCK_System")) {
			//Decorate corresponding Element in BDD
		}
	}
}

Best regards,
Fudo
Re: Decorate ModelExplorer-Element in Diagram [message #1799680 is a reply to message #1796394] Wed, 12 December 2018 10:23 Go to previous message
Nicolas FAUVERGUE is currently offline Nicolas FAUVERGUEFriend
Hi,

You can use the Papyrus 'DecorationService' class, and more specifically the 'addDecoration' method to decorate an UML element in the model explorer and/or in the graphical editor.

(Sorry for the late answer)

HTH,
Nicolas
Previous Topic:oxygen extend paletteDefinition
Next Topic:Display additional meta properties on association end.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:49:09 GMT 2024