Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » OPC UA Server to PLC Simulator connectivity
OPC UA Server to PLC Simulator connectivity [message #1796361] Thu, 11 October 2018 15:22 Go to next message
Muhammad Obaid Khan is currently offline Muhammad Obaid KhanFriend
Hello 4DIAC Team,

My questions are,

Qs 1) What are the WAGO PLC simulators we can use if in case we don´t have PLC in hardware form?
Qs 2) If I use PLC Simulator with my PC. Which operating system does it require "Linux" or "Windows" Operating System?
Qs 3) I wanted to use OPC UA communication protocol to communicate two WAGO PLCs. Does this task would be possible to achieve by using WAGO PLC simulator or do I need a Hardware?
Qs 4) I am following the tutorial from Eclipse website that "How to build Forte For WAGO" (https://www.eclipse.org/4diac/en_help.php). Does this tutorial procedure is helpful with what I wanted to achieve in Questions 1 and Question 3?

Any help will be very appreciated
Thanks
Obaid
Re: OPC UA Server to PLC Simulator connectivity [message #1796365 is a reply to message #1796361] Thu, 11 October 2018 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Melik Merkumians is currently offline Martin Melik MerkumiansFriend
Hi Obaid,

please contact your local WAGO distributor for Questions 1 to 3.

Based on the fact that you want to use FORTE on WAGO I would say yes to four question #4

Best regards,
Martin
Re: OPC UA Server to PLC Simulator connectivity [message #1796366 is a reply to message #1796365] Thu, 11 October 2018 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,

the tutorial "How to build FORTE for Wago" is only helpfull for you if you have Wago PLC hardware. However 4diac FORTE can be built for many different platforms and hardware. If you want to simulate the behavior of a 4diac based PLC on your computer you can do that by running 4diac directly there. Both windows and Linux are supported. There is a section "FORTE for Windows and Unix based systems" which describes the steps necessary. You can also enable OPC UA support for this. See the according OPC UA documentation.

I hope this helps.
Alois

Re: OPC UA Server to PLC Simulator connectivity [message #1796367 is a reply to message #1796366] Thu, 11 October 2018 17:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Muhammad Obaid Khan is currently offline Muhammad Obaid KhanFriend
Hello Alois,

Thanks Alois and Martin for your response.
Alois can you please elaborate what do you mean by "running 4diac directly there"?
Unfortunately I could not understand your point correctly. I don´t have hardware and this is a task of my thesis that I have to build a FORTE for PLC simulator.

Best Regards
Obaid

Re: OPC UA Server to PLC Simulator connectivity [message #1796372 is a reply to message #1796367] Thu, 11 October 2018 19:37 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi Obaid,

4diac FORTE is an execution environment for IEC 61499 PLC programms. As such it abstracts the hardware it is running on and provides a unified execution environment for your FB networks. In order to do that 4diac FORTE has a small hardware abstraction layer which needs to be ported to different PLCs. For testing and debugging purposes we have FORTE also running on normal PCs running windows and Linux. There it is just a normal executable you just can start and utilize to execute your IEC 61499 programms on a PCs. Maybe to get a better impression it would make sense that you have a look on our tutorials. There this process is explained. Hope that this makes things clearer.

Cheers,
Alois
Previous Topic:How to import applications only
Next Topic:Cross compiling WAGO BSP along with OPC UA forte
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 01:49:09 GMT 2024