Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » Modern automated code generation from ecore model(Using maven to generate code from ecore models)
Modern automated code generation from ecore model [message #1796341] Thu, 11 October 2018 08:42 Go to next message
Jan Jansen is currently offline Jan JansenFriend
Hi all,

I'm working on a project with several sub projects with several models defined in ecore. With eclipse these are easily used to generate their java code.

However, automating this using maven has proven to be a challenge.

I've found multiple posts that are closely related to my problem, such as:

https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/202345/ Again a post regarding the Ant task.

All of the posts I found are from ~2010 or earlier, hence why I am here.

I've also come across mentions of running a headless eclipse version to generate the required code, but no clear documentation on how to get started with that.

Since the posts were quite a while ago, my question is as follows: is that Ant task (or the headless eclipse solution) still the preferred solution, or is there something newer that I've missed?
Re: Modern automated code generation from ecore model [message #1796423 is a reply to message #1796341] Fri, 12 October 2018 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

You seem to be asking the same question under multiple names.

See my reply to Niko Stotz

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Modern automated code generation from ecore model [message #1796485 is a reply to message #1796423] Mon, 15 October 2018 08:08 Go to previous message
Niko Stotz is currently offline Niko StotzFriend
Hi Ed,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Please excuse the double post, Jan's request took some time to be approved, so we asked again with my account.

For reference, the other thread is at https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1095591/
Previous Topic:How to generate code with specific EMap implementation
Next Topic:[EcoreGen] State-of-the-art way to generate code from Ecore in Maven?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:06:23 GMT 2024