Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » adding a plugin to the target definition(eclipse workspace is the hardest part...)
adding a plugin to the target definition [message #1796095] Fri, 05 October 2018 05:27 Go to next message
paul stanton is currently offline paul stantonFriend
So we have to use jrxtx as a osgi container level dependency. thankfully it is exported as a osgi bundle so we can safely use it as a plugin in kura.

I have simply added it to kura/kura/plugins, kura/kura/config.ini and our bundle's MANIFEST.MF.

It works fine.

However, eclipse workspace does not. It shows a build error because it can't locate the plugin.

I have tried adding it to various build paths but it does not become visible to eclipse's plugin container in the way jars in the "target definition" are.

How can I add a 3rd party plugin to the eclipse workspace/target definition?
Re: adding a plugin to the target definition [message #1796153 is a reply to message #1796095] Sat, 06 October 2018 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matteo Maiero is currently offline Matteo MaieroFriend
Hi,
did you try adding it to the Kura-equinox_x.y.z.target file and reloading the definition?

Best regards,
Matteo
Re: adding a plugin to the target definition [message #1796245 is a reply to message #1796095] Tue, 09 October 2018 05:09 Go to previous message
shubh wade is currently offline shubh wadeFriend
Hello

create lib folder in ur project and copy whichever jar you want and give path in manifest and build.properties file.

Like in menifest file.
Bundle-ClassPath: .,
lib/pi4j-core.jar

And build.properties file.

bin.includes = META-INF/,\
.,\
OSGI-INF/component.xml,\
lib/pi4j-core.jar
Previous Topic:kura wire for serial communication.
Next Topic:Higher level APIs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:47:08 GMT 2024