Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Error In Maven POM.XML(How to resolve the error in POM.xml.)
Error In Maven POM.XML [message #1796025] Thu, 04 October 2018 09:15 Go to next message
Shashi Mising name is currently offline Shashi Mising nameFriend
Dear All,

I am using eclipse Oxygen.3a Release and
I Configured the maven build for my plug-in, but getting the below error
in pom.xml, due to which i am unable to build/compile the plug-in source code.
Could anyone please give an hint on how to resolve it.

Error in pom.xml:

Project build error: Unresolveable build extension: Plugin org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-maven-plugin:0.25.0 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-maven-plugin:jar:0.25.0

Thank you

Best Regards
Shashi

Re: Error In Maven POM.XML [message #1796053 is a reply to message #1796025] Thu, 04 October 2018 13:37 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
That artifact is available on Maven Central (link), so something on your machine has prevented Maven/m2eclipse from reaching the central repository. I would look either in your Error Log view or in the Eclipse <workspace>/.metadata/.log file for additional errors. It might have been a momentary network disconnect or something else.

Are you behind a proxy? You'll need to configure Eclipse (and Maven) to use the proxy.

If it was a momentary network blip, you can try right-clicking on your project and selecting Maven > Update Project..., and ensure Force Update of Snapshots/Releases is enabled.
Previous Topic:Trying to get "Link with editor" boolean value
Next Topic:Layout issue in Windows
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:17:06 GMT 2024