Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » copy paste of designs in two different projects to a single project is possible?
copy paste of designs in two different projects to a single project is possible? [message #1796013] Thu, 04 October 2018 06:43 Go to next message
Sharmila D is currently offline Sharmila DFriend
Hii

In our project we are having 50 elements to be created in sirius. me and my colleague has divided and created the elements separately. Now can anyone Please help me how to copy my colleagues created elements into mine so that we should have only one viewpoint for all the 50 elements

Iam not finding the solution.Can anyone Please help me on this.
Re: copy paste of designs in two different projects to a single project is possible? [message #1796018 is a reply to message #1796013] Thu, 04 October 2018 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello,

What kind of element are you talking about? I have just dragged and dropped RepresentationDescriptions, Layers, NodeMappings, ToolSection or Tools from one odesign file to another without problem.

Regards,
Steve

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: copy paste of designs in two different projects to a single project is possible? [message #1796183 is a reply to message #1796013] Mon, 08 October 2018 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sharmila D is currently offline Sharmila DFriend
Hi Steve
Thank you for your fast reply
Here elements means containers and nodes.I have copied and pasted through drag and drop It is working fine
But Now Iam having another problem
In my case Iam having two designs Sirius1 and Sirius2 in two different ViewPoint Specification Projects I have copied representation by name "Element diagram" through drag and drop from Sirius1 to Sirius2
Now in my Sirius2 design Sirius 1 is also added. Now I need to delete Sirius1 from my Sirius2 design. Iam attaching the screenshots for better understanding

Iam stuck in middle can anyone Please help me in this

Re: copy paste of designs in two different projects to a single project is possible? [message #1796222 is a reply to message #1796183] Mon, 08 October 2018 13:22 Go to previous message
Maxime Porhel is currently offline Maxime PorhelFriend
Hi Sharmila,

It seems that when you copied some parts of your first VSM in the second one, you dragged and drop a subgraph of the VSM (maybe each mapping one by one) but doing that the moved elements still reference some elements of the source VSM: tools, other mappings for edge mappings.
You should have done the whole copy/paste or drag and drop as a single operation to avoid references between both VSM.

Now that this is done, I suggest to open Sirius from your Sirius2.odesign in text mode, search for Sirius1.odesign and note all references (which element ? which feature ? )
Then in the VSM editor, update those features to target the elements of Sirius2.odesign, save.
Close and reopen the Sirius2.odesign VSM in the VSM editor.
Sirius2.odesigne will appear until you removed all model references between both models

Regards

Maxime Porhel - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:Attribute of Enumeration type cannot change default value
Next Topic:Lacking field in Sirius Specification for Diagram description
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:35:16 GMT 2024