Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » WTP XML Schema Processor v1.1(Looking to join a work group to facilitate Eclipse validation of XML Schema v1.1 documets )
WTP XML Schema Processor v1.1 [message #1796001] Wed, 03 October 2018 20:17 Go to next message
David Yarwood is currently offline David YarwoodFriend
Hi.

I've signed up for an Eclipse account today because I was unable to validate an assert element in an XML schema document using Eclipse Mars.

After some searching I found this wasn't possible in Eclipse due to WTP dependencies on a version of Xerces that doesn't support XML schema v1.1.

As such I would like to become involved in the community and get in touch with any group who may be looking at updating WTP to use a newer version of Xerces, or if there is currently none in existence then advice on how to get such a group off the ground.

Regards,

David
Re: WTP XML Schema Processor v1.1 [message #1796002 is a reply to message #1796001] Wed, 03 October 2018 21:27 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

If you want to become involved, Mars is not the release to start from. Xerces 2.12 would need to be
cleared for use by WTP through the IP process, fix any breaking changes building and running against
it, have it adopted by the Orbit project, resolve any potential version conflicts with other participants
of SimRel, and then integrated into our build. Please open a bug report to get the process started.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=WTP%20Source%20Editing&version=3.11%20(2018-09)&component=wst.xml

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Jenkins -> Building Eclipse RCP applications in Eclipse Oxygen
Next Topic:validation errors on inline svg in html5 files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:34:38 GMT 2024