Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Oxygen (4.7.2) and WindowBuilder (1.9.1.201710100405)(Works in one workspace but not in other workspace)
Oxygen (4.7.2) and WindowBuilder (1.9.1.201710100405) [message #1795968] Wed, 03 October 2018 11:22 Go to next message
Avi Abrami is currently offline Avi AbramiFriend
My environment:
Windows 7 Enterprise (Service Pack 1)
JDK 1.8.0_181
Eclipse Oxygen (4.7.2)
I have two workspaces - one where the JDK compliance is set to 1.5 and another one that uses 1.8.
I can successfully open java class files in the java 1.5 workspace in WindowBuilder but in the java 1.8 workspace, the "Source" tab shows the java code but when I switch to the "Design" tab, Eclipse displays the "Parsing" message but then displays an empty editor. The "Palette" panel appears but contains no icons or text. Similarly the "Structure" panel. Note that the java 1.8 workspace did initially work correctly. As far as I can tell, I did not change anything in that workspace prior to it ceasing to work. The log file for the workspace contains the following:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Width (-1) and height (-1) cannot be <= 0
I tried looking through the WindowBuilder source code for the classes appearing in the stack trace. It looks to me that WindowBuilder cannot find an icon, but I couldn't figure out which icon or where it is meant to be located.
As I said, as far as I am aware, the only difference between the two workspaces is the JDK compliance.
Note that I also tried creating a fresh workspace as well as reinstalling Eclipse but got the same behaviour, i.e. WindowBuilder works in one workspace but not the other.
Any suggestions of where to look or what to try will be appreciated.
I have added a screen capture of WindowBuilder.
Here is the entire stack trace excerpted from the workspace log file...
!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2018-10-03 13:19:05.424
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
!STACK 0
                at java.awt.image.DirectColorModel.createCompatibleWritableRaster(Unknown Source)
                at java.awt.image.BufferedImage.<init>(Unknown Source)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.utils.ui.ImageUtils.getBufferedImage(ImageUtils.java:81)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.utils.ui.ImageUtils.access$0(ImageUtils.java:71)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.utils.ui.ImageUtils$1.runObject(ImageUtils.java:60)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.utils.ui.ImageUtils$1.runObject(ImageUtils.java:1)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.utils.execution.ExecutionUtils.runObject(ExecutionUtils.java:246)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.utils.ui.ImageUtils.convertToSWT(ImageUtils.java:58)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.swing.DescriptionProcessor.configureIconFromBeanInfo(DescriptionProcessor.java:59)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.swing.DescriptionProcessor.process(DescriptionProcessor.java:46)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.model.description.helpers.ComponentDescriptionHelper.getDescription0(ComponentDescriptionHelper.java:437)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.model.description.helpers.ComponentDescriptionHelper.getDescription0(ComponentDescriptionHelper.java:289)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.model.description.helpers.ComponentDescriptionHelper.getDescription(ComponentDescriptionHelper.java:258)
                at org.eclipse.wb.core.model.WrapperMethodInfo.isWrapper(WrapperMethodInfo.java:154)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.parser.AbstractParseFactory.createInstance(AbstractParseFactory.java:507)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.parser.AbstractParseFactory.create(AbstractParseFactory.java:174)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.parser.JavaInfoParser$ExecutionFlowParseVisitor.endVisit(JavaInfoParser.java:693)
                at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
                at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
                at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
                at org.eclipse.wb.core.eval.ExecutionFlowUtils$1.intercept(ExecutionFlowUtils.java:399)
                at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTVisitor$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$daa17890.endVisit(<generated>)
                at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ClassInstanceCreation.accept0(ClassInstanceCreation.java:316)
                at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTNode.accept(ASTNode.java:2796)
                at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTNode.acceptChild(ASTNode.java:2844)
                at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.Assignment.accept0(Assignment.java:313)
                at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ExpressionStatement.accept0(ExpressionStatement.java:145)
                at org.eclipse.wb.core.eval.ExecutionFlowUtils.visitStatement0(ExecutionFlowUtils.java:354)
                at org.eclipse.wb.core.eval.ExecutionFlowUtils.visitStatement(ExecutionFlowUtils.java:315)
                at org.eclipse.wb.core.eval.ExecutionFlowUtils.visitStatement0(ExecutionFlowUtils.java:336)
                at org.eclipse.wb.core.eval.ExecutionFlowUtils.visitStatement(ExecutionFlowUtils.java:315)
                at org.eclipse.wb.core.eval.ExecutionFlowUtils.visit(ExecutionFlowUtils.java:247)
                at org.eclipse.wb.core.eval.ExecutionFlowUtils.access$1(ExecutionFlowUtils.java:235)
                at org.eclipse.wb.core.eval.ExecutionFlowUtils$1.endVisit(ExecutionFlowUtils.java:442)
                at org.eclipse.wb.core.eval.ExecutionFlowUtils$1.intercept(ExecutionFlowUtils.java:391)
                at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTVisitor$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$daa17890.endVisit(<generated>)
                at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.MethodInvocation.accept0(MethodInvocation.java:241)
                at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ExpressionStatement.accept0(ExpressionStatement.java:145)
                at org.eclipse.wb.core.eval.ExecutionFlowUtils.visitStatement0(ExecutionFlowUtils.java:354)
                at org.eclipse.wb.core.eval.ExecutionFlowUtils.visitStatement0(ExecutionFlowUtils.java:336)
                at org.eclipse.wb.core.eval.ExecutionFlowUtils.visit(ExecutionFlowUtils.java:247)
                at org.eclipse.wb.core.eval.ExecutionFlowUtils.visit(ExecutionFlowUtils.java:228)
                at org.eclipse.wb.core.eval.ExecutionFlowUtils.visit(ExecutionFlowUtils.java:191)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.parser.JavaInfoParser.parseRootMethods(JavaInfoParser.java:312)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.parser.JavaInfoParser.parse(JavaInfoParser.java:268)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.parser.JavaInfoParser.access$9(JavaInfoParser.java:238)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.parser.JavaInfoParser$1.runObject(JavaInfoParser.java:153)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.parser.JavaInfoParser$1.runObject(JavaInfoParser.java:1)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.utils.execution.ExecutionUtils.runDesignTime(ExecutionUtils.java:159)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.parser.JavaInfoParser.parse(JavaInfoParser.java:151)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.DesignPage.internal_refreshGEF(DesignPage.java:534)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.DesignPage.access$9(DesignPage.java:522)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.DesignPage$8$1.run(DesignPage.java:449)
                at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.syncExec(Synchronizer.java:233)
                at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UISynchronizer.syncExec(UISynchronizer.java:144)
                at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.syncExec(Display.java:4889)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.DesignPage$8.run(DesignPage.java:446)
                at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:437)
                at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:353)
                at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(ProgressMonitorDialog.java:483)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.DesignPage.internal_refreshGEF_withProgress(DesignPage.java:465)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.DesignPage.internal_refreshGEF(DesignPage.java:415)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.UndoManager.refreshDesignerEditor(UndoManager.java:381)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.UndoManager.activate(UndoManager.java:90)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.DesignPage.handleActiveState_True(DesignPage.java:263)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.DesignPage.handleActiveState(DesignPage.java:241)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.multi.DefaultMultiMode.showPage(DefaultMultiMode.java:125)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.multi.DefaultMultiMode$1.widgetSelected(DefaultMultiMode.java:63)
                at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:249)
                at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:86)
                at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4428)
                at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1079)
                at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1103)
                at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1088)
                at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:802)
                at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder.setSelection(CTabFolder.java:3187)
                at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder.onMouse(CTabFolder.java:1870)
                at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder.lambda$0(CTabFolder.java:328)
                at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:86)
                at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4428)
                at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4238)
                at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3817)
                at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$5.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1150)
                at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)
                at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1039)
                at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:153)
                at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.lambda$3(Workbench.java:680)
                at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)
                at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:594)
                at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:148)
                at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:151)
                at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
                at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
                at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
                at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)
                at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)
                at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:653)
                at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:590)
                at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1499)

[Updated on: Wed, 03 October 2018 18:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Oxygen (4.7.2) and WindowBuilder (1.9.1.201710100405) [message #1795984 is a reply to message #1795968] Wed, 03 October 2018 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Golubev is currently offline Michael GolubevFriend
Please attach the relevant part of the log
Re: Oxygen (4.7.2) and WindowBuilder (1.9.1.201710100405) [message #1795999 is a reply to message #1795984] Wed, 03 October 2018 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your prompt reply.
I have updated my original post.
Re: Oxygen (4.7.2) and WindowBuilder (1.9.1.201710100405) [message #1796024 is a reply to message #1795999] Thu, 04 October 2018 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have opened https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=539781 for this issue. While it should be easy to remove this specific assertion without reproducing the problem, I would like to reproduce it, since the assertion looks correct.

Is it possible to attach the code that reproduces the bug here or to the above ticket? AFAIU, to reproduce we would also need the classes (transitively?) referenced from the class opened in the editor, the best would be to provide the whole project.
Re: Oxygen (4.7.2) and WindowBuilder (1.9.1.201710100405) [message #1796027 is a reply to message #1796024] Thu, 04 October 2018 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The code is proprietary and therefore I cannot provide it. However you have given me an idea to try to create a new GUI using only non-proprietary code. If that also demonstrates the problem then I will be able to provide the entire project source code. Will keep you updated.
Re: Oxygen (4.7.2) and WindowBuilder (1.9.1.201710100405) [message #1796054 is a reply to message #1796027] Thu, 04 October 2018 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Creating a class that extends JPanel using the "New Class" wizard and opening it with WindowBuilder works fine. This gives me the impression that the problem lies somewhere in my code since the code in the Java 1.5 workspace is not identical to that in the Java 1.8 workspace. I have compared both codebases - using BeyondCompare - but I didn't see anything that looked like it could be the cause of the problem.

I went through the WindowBuilder preferences and encountered an error (see attached screen capture). Could this be the cause of the problem? If so, how can I correct it?
Re: Oxygen (4.7.2) and WindowBuilder (1.9.1.201710100405) [message #1796056 is a reply to message #1796054] Thu, 04 October 2018 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
First of all, I would recommend to switch to the new WB for 2018-09 release, it includes a fix for a bug which looks similar to the latter `ExceptionInInitializer` error.

I expect that switching to the new version will fix the latter, but would be very surprised if it fixed the original problem.
However, for the new plugin version I can prepare the local build with additional logging which would allow to at least find the problem class.

Re: Oxygen (4.7.2) and WindowBuilder (1.9.1.201710100405) [message #1796065 is a reply to message #1796056] Thu, 04 October 2018 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I want to make sure I understand you. Are you suggesting I switch to the latest Eclipse Java IDE? Oxygen is installed on my work machine. Photon is installed on my computer at home - details in the attached screen capture. So you are saying that what I have installed at home is what I should install at work?
  • Attachment: Eclipse.png
    (Size: 51.22KB, Downloaded 266 times)
Re: Oxygen (4.7.2) and WindowBuilder (1.9.1.201710100405) [message #1796076 is a reply to message #1796065] Thu, 04 October 2018 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have built the snapshot version of WB with some additional logging, which should at least suggest the problem class (the complete change is at https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/130420/).

Please do the following:
- install the WB snapshot from the "gerrit" update site (http://download.eclipse.org/windowbuilder/gerrit/)
- make sure that the version you are installing has today qualifier (.201810041649), if not, reload the update site
- reproduce the problem
- attach the fresh log to the bugzilla #539781

Re: Oxygen (4.7.2) and WindowBuilder (1.9.1.201710100405) [message #1796077 is a reply to message #1796076] Thu, 04 October 2018 17:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I only tried to install this into 2018-09, but if you can install it to Oxygen, it should also be fine
Re: Oxygen (4.7.2) and WindowBuilder (1.9.1.201710100405) [message #1796096 is a reply to message #1796077] Fri, 05 October 2018 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your help, Michael. I cannot install from work because we are on a closed intranet. Is there an offline install available? If not I will manage to do it anyway. I should mention that my work computer is 32-bit. Does that make a difference? Also today is Friday and here in Israel the weekend is Friday and Saturday, so I won't be back at work until Sunday. I will let you know when I have performed the tasks you asked me to do.
Re: Oxygen (4.7.2) and WindowBuilder (1.9.1.201710100405) [message #1796308 is a reply to message #1796077] Wed, 10 October 2018 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Please excuse my late reply. I had work commitments that took precedence and was unable to attend to your request.
I installed Eclipse 2018-09 (4.9.0) as well as WindowBuilder from the URL you indicated. It has the qualifier you indicated, i.e. 1.10.0.201810041649
I then created a brand new workspace and copied (not imported) the code from my Java 1.8 workspace.
I then tried to open a java source code file in WindowBuilder and got the same behaviour as I have described above in my earlier posts.
Below is the relevant part of the workspace log file.
(Note that class 'QtPanel' is one of our proprietary classes that extends 'JPanel')
!ENTRY org.eclipse.wb.swing 4 0 2018-10-10 06:29:34.772
!MESSAGE Error processing component: org.eclipse.wb.internal.swing.model.component.JPanelInfo(qt.presentacion.QtSimplePanel, m=[setGridLines({java.lang.String}), setBorderColor({java.awt.Color}), setShowBorder({boolean}), setTitle({java.lang.String}), setProtected({boolean}), setUI({javax.swing.plaf.ComponentUI}), setUI({javax.swing.plaf.PanelUI}), setActionMap({javax.swing.ActionMap}), setAlignmentX({float}), setAlignmentY({float}), setAutoscrolls({boolean}), setBackground({java.awt.Color}), setBorder({javax.swing.border.Border}), setBounds({java.awt.Rectangle}), setComplete({boolean}), setComponentOrientation({java.awt.ComponentOrientation}), setComponentPopupMenu({javax.swing.JPopupMenu}), setCursor({java.awt.Cursor}), setDebugGraphicsOptions({int}), setDoubleBuffered({boolean}), setDropTarget({java.awt.dnd.DropTarget}), setEnabled({boolean}), setFocusCycleRoot({boolean}), setFocusTraversalKeysEnabled({boolean}), setFocusTraversalPolicy({java.awt.FocusTraversalPolicy}), setFocusTraversalPolicyProvider({boolean}), setFocusable({boolean}), setFont({java.awt.Font}), setForeground({java.awt.Color}), setIgnoreRepaint({boolean}), setInheritsPopupMenu({boolean}), setInputVerifier({javax.swing.InputVerifier}), setLayout({java.awt.LayoutManager,child}), setLocale({java.util.Locale}), setLocation({java.awt.Point}), setMaximumSize({java.awt.Dimension}), setMinimumSize({java.awt.Dimension}), setModified({boolean}), setName({java.lang.String}), setNextFocusableComponent({java.awt.Component}), setObserverCommand({java.lang.String}), setOpaque({boolean}), setPreferredSize({java.awt.Dimension}), setRequestFocusEnabled({boolean}), setSize({java.awt.Dimension}), setStringObservables({java.lang.String}), setToolTipText({java.lang.String}), setTransferHandler({javax.swing.TransferHandler}), setValid({boolean}), setVerifyInputWhenFocusTarget({boolean}), setDefaultLocale({java.util.Locale}), setLocation({int},{int}), setSize({int},{int}), setBounds({int},{int},{int},{int}), add({java.awt.Component,child}), add({java.awt.Component,child,parent2},{java.lang.Object,child2}), add({java.lang.String,child2},{java.awt.Component,child,parent2})], p={gridLayout.grabHorizontal=true, gridLayout.grabVertical=true, interceptOnlyDuringExecution=true, layout.has=true})
!STACK 0
                at java.awt.image.DirectColorModel.createCompatibleWritableRaster(Unknown Source)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.utils.ui.ImageUtils.getBufferedImage(ImageUtils.java:81)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.utils.ui.ImageUtils.access$0(ImageUtils.java:71)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.utils.ui.ImageUtils$1.runObject(ImageUtils.java:60)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.utils.ui.ImageUtils$1.runObject(ImageUtils.java:1)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.utils.execution.ExecutionUtils.runObject(ExecutionUtils.java:246)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.utils.ui.ImageUtils.convertToSWT(ImageUtils.java:58)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.swing.DescriptionProcessor.configureIconFromBeanInfo(DescriptionProcessor.java:69)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.swing.DescriptionProcessor.process(DescriptionProcessor.java:49)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.model.description.helpers.ComponentDescriptionHelper.getDescription0(ComponentDescriptionHelper.java:437)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.model.description.helpers.ComponentDescriptionHelper.getDescription0(ComponentDescriptionHelper.java:289)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.model.description.helpers.ComponentDescriptionHelper.getDescription(ComponentDescriptionHelper.java:258)
                at org.eclipse.wb.core.model.WrapperMethodInfo.isWrapper(WrapperMethodInfo.java:154)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.parser.AbstractParseFactory.createInstance(AbstractParseFactory.java:507)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.parser.AbstractParseFactory.create(AbstractParseFactory.java:174)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.parser.JavaInfoParser$ExecutionFlowParseVisitor.endVisit(JavaInfoParser.java:693)
                at org.eclipse.wb.core.eval.ExecutionFlowUtils$1.intercept(ExecutionFlowUtils.java:399)
                at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTVisitor$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$a6c80ad6.endVisit(<generated>)
                at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ClassInstanceCreation.accept0(ClassInstanceCreation.java:307)
                at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTNode.accept(ASTNode.java:2800)
                at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTNode.acceptChild(ASTNode.java:2848)
                at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.Assignment.accept0(Assignment.java:303)
                at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ExpressionStatement.accept0(ExpressionStatement.java:136)
                at org.eclipse.wb.core.eval.ExecutionFlowUtils.visitStatement0(ExecutionFlowUtils.java:347)
                at org.eclipse.wb.core.eval.ExecutionFlowUtils.access$1(ExecutionFlowUtils.java:235)
                at org.eclipse.wb.core.eval.ExecutionFlowUtils$1.endVisit(ExecutionFlowUtils.java:442)
                at org.eclipse.wb.core.eval.ExecutionFlowUtils$1.intercept(ExecutionFlowUtils.java:391)
                at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTVisitor$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$a6c80ad6.endVisit(<generated>)
                at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.MethodInvocation.accept0(MethodInvocation.java:230)
                at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTNode.acceptChildren(ASTNode.java:2871)
                at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.MethodInvocation.accept0(MethodInvocation.java:228)
                at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ExpressionStatement.accept0(ExpressionStatement.java:136)
                at org.eclipse.wb.core.eval.ExecutionFlowUtils.visit(ExecutionFlowUtils.java:228)
                at org.eclipse.wb.core.eval.ExecutionFlowUtils.visit(ExecutionFlowUtils.java:191)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.parser.JavaInfoParser.parseRootMethods(JavaInfoParser.java:312)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.parser.JavaInfoParser.parse(JavaInfoParser.java:268)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.parser.JavaInfoParser.access$9(JavaInfoParser.java:238)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.parser.JavaInfoParser$1.runObject(JavaInfoParser.java:153)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.parser.JavaInfoParser$1.runObject(JavaInfoParser.java:1)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.utils.execution.ExecutionUtils.runDesignTime(ExecutionUtils.java:159)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.parser.JavaInfoParser.parse(JavaInfoParser.java:151)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.DesignPage.internal_refreshGEF(DesignPage.java:534)
                at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.syncExec(Synchronizer.java:236)
                at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UISynchronizer.syncExec(UISynchronizer.java:147)
                at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.syncExec(Display.java:4594)
                at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:440)
                at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:356)
                at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(ProgressMonitorDialog.java:474)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.DesignPage.internal_refreshGEF_withProgress(DesignPage.java:465)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.DesignPage.internal_refreshGEF(DesignPage.java:415)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.UndoManager.refreshDesignerEditor(UndoManager.java:381)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.UndoManager.activate(UndoManager.java:90)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.DesignPage.handleActiveState_True(DesignPage.java:263)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.DesignPage.handleActiveState(DesignPage.java:241)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.multi.DefaultMultiMode.showPage(DefaultMultiMode.java:125)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.multi.DefaultMultiMode$1.widgetSelected(DefaultMultiMode.java:63)
                at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:252)
                at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:89)
                at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4145)
                at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1055)
                at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1064)
                at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:778)
                at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder.setSelection(CTabFolder.java:3198)
                at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder.onMouse(CTabFolder.java:1881)
                at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder.lambda$0(CTabFolder.java:331)
                at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3958)
                at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3561)
                at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$5.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1173)
                at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:339)
                at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1062)
                at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:156)
                at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.lambda$3(Workbench.java:628)
                at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:563)
                at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:151)
                at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:155)
                at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:199)
                at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:137)
                at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:107)
                at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:391)
                at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:246)
                at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:659)
                at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:595)
                at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1501)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2018-10-10 06:29:34.807
!STACK 0
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.swing.DescriptionProcessor.configureIconFromBeanInfo(DescriptionProcessor.java:69)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.swing.DescriptionProcessor.process(DescriptionProcessor.java:49)
                at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ClassInstanceCreation.accept0(ClassInstanceCreation.java:307)
                at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.Assignment.accept0(Assignment.java:303)
                at org.eclipse.wb.core.eval.ExecutionFlowUtils.visitStatement0(ExecutionFlowUtils.java:347)
                at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTNode.acceptChildren(ASTNode.java:2871)
                at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.MethodInvocation.accept0(MethodInvocation.java:228)
                at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.syncExec(Synchronizer.java:236)
                at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UISynchronizer.syncExec(UISynchronizer.java:147)
                at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.syncExec(Display.java:4594)
                at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:440)
                at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:356)
                at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(ProgressMonitorDialog.java:474)
                at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$5.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1173)
                at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1062)
                at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:156)
                at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:155)
                at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:199)
                at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:137)
                at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:107)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2018-10-10 06:29:34.853
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.UndoManager.addSelectionListener(UndoManager.java:187)
                at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.UndoManager.refreshDesignerEditor(UndoManager.java:382)

[Updated on: Wed, 10 October 2018 08:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Oxygen (4.7.2) and WindowBuilder (1.9.1.201710100405) [message #1796317 is a reply to message #1796308] Wed, 10 October 2018 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you very much, Michael. The additional debug that you added led me to the problem in my code. The problem is in my *BeanInfo classes. My implementation of method
getIcon
(from interface
BeanInfo
) is incorrect and returns a null image which naturally has no width nor height, hence the error message in the workspace log, namely:
Quote:
Width (-1) and height (-1) cannot be <= 0

Again I thank you. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Re: Oxygen (4.7.2) and WindowBuilder (1.9.1.201710100405) [message #1796318 is a reply to message #1796317] Wed, 10 October 2018 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great you were able to fix the problem.

With the new information you got, would it be difficult to create a small sample that demoes the same problem without proprietary code?
I am still new to WB internals, and playing with the real sample would greatly help me to understand it better.
As a result, I hopefully will be able to improve the error reporting for the next user with the similar problem.

Re: Oxygen (4.7.2) and WindowBuilder (1.9.1.201710100405) [message #1796339 is a reply to message #1796318] Thu, 11 October 2018 08:15 Go to previous message
Please forgive me, my previous reply was incorrect. The method correctly locates the GIF file that contains the icon, however that file had zero size, hence it did not contain width or height details. Returning null is actually not a problem.
As you requested, below is the code I use to locate the relevant icon. Note that RELATIVE_PATH is a partial path to a directory. Also, class 'QtAppSettings' is also one of our proprietary classes and its 'getAppPath()' method returns a path to a directory. So basically the method below creates an icon image from a GIF file. And as already stated, the problem occurs if the GIF file has zero size.
public static java.awt.Image loadImage(String resourceName) {
    Image img = null;
    if (resourceName != null) {
        String base = new QtAppSettings().getAppPath();
        if (base == null  ||  base.length() == 0) {
            base = System.getProperty("user.dir");
        }
        java.nio.file.Path p = java.nio.file.Paths.get(base, RELATIVE_PATH, resourceName);
        java.net.URI uri = p.toUri();
        try {
            java.net.URL url = uri.toURL();
            java.awt.image.ImageProducer ip = (ImageProducer) url.getContent();
            if (ip != null) {
                img = java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit().createImage(ip);
            }
        }
        catch (IOException xIo) {
        }
    }
    return img;
}
Previous Topic:WindowBuilder reverse engineering
Next Topic:hello. Unable to connect to repository... trying to install windowbuilder
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:17:19 GMT 2024