Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » [SOLVED] Is it possible to store PHP debug configuration on a per project basis?
[SOLVED] Is it possible to store PHP debug configuration on a per project basis? [message #1795675] Wed, 26 September 2018 16:29 Go to next message
Mathieu Dubois is currently offline Mathieu DuboisFriend
I'm not very familiar with Eclipse but my team is developing a PHP application with it.

My setup is as follows: we use SVN for version control and I have created an Eclispe project per branch. I have been able to create a debug configuration for each project/branches.

However if I have 10 projects/branches, I will have 10 debug configurations which is sometimes confusing (for instance, I may mistakenly choose "debug branch 1" while working on branch 2).

If I understand correctly, it is possible to store Java launch configuration on per project basis but I haven't find this for PHP Web Application. Is it possible ?

Another option would be to have only one working copy (and project) and use `svn switch` to change the branch. Does anyone use such a setup ?

Thanks in advance,
Mathieu

[Updated on: Sat, 29 September 2018 13:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Is it possible to store PHP debug configuration on a per project basis? [message #1795679 is a reply to message #1795675] Wed, 26 September 2018 17:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dawid Pakula is currently offline Dawid PakulaFriend
Any launch configuration can be stored on project level. Just export it and put somewhere in project (can be subdir). Eclipse will find it and list on debu/run page.

Re: Is it possible to store PHP debug configuration on a per project basis? [message #1795685 is a reply to message #1795679] Wed, 26 September 2018 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

Glad to ear that.

I have found the launch configuration (XML files in $WORKSPACE/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.debug.core/.launches) but if I'm correct, moving them in the project directory is not enough (they are not shown when opening the project). Is there a trick to export them ?
Re: Is it possible to store PHP debug configuration on a per project basis? [message #1795796 is a reply to message #1795685] Fri, 28 September 2018 18:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

I think I found a way to do what I want: when editing the debug/launch configuration, in the "Common" tab, I choose Save as -> Shared file and store the configuration in the project (I put it in .settings); the XML file is moved inside the directory and accessible only when opened. The UI is a bit confusing.

Does it seem correct ?

[Updated on: Fri, 28 September 2018 18:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Is it possible to store PHP debug configuration on a per project basis? [message #1795815 is a reply to message #1795796] Sat, 29 September 2018 12:58 Go to previous message
Well I found this link which seems to confirm that his is the way to go.
Previous Topic:Debugger goes away, apparently making debugged project unusable (XDebug, PDT 3.5)
Next Topic:Working PDT/Debugger setup (Windows)(!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 14:00:06 GMT 2024