Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » Papyrus SysML model to text(Some help requested with registration of SysML resources/profile)
Papyrus SysML model to text [message #1795548] Tue, 25 September 2018 08:09 Go to next message
Robbert Jongeling is currently offline Robbert JongelingFriend
Hi,

I'm trying to create a model-to-text transformation from a Papyrus SysML model-to-text using Xtend (input is a model.uml file). The problem I'm encountering is that I cannot access the stereotypes of the elements in the resource. For example, I can get a Class, but not a Block.

Searching on the Papyrus forums and here leads me to believe that my problem may be related to the registration of SysML resources. As far as I know, there is no built-in way to register SysML resources for stand-alone applications, similar to UMLResourcesUtil.init (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=531840).
Therefore, I'm manually registering the resources, but I'm having difficulty understanding what exactly I'm doing, how to debug what I'm doing and in general how to get it working.

I do the following steps to register the UML resources:
Resource$Factory.Registry.INSTANCE.extensionToFactoryMap.put("uml", new UMLResourceFactoryImpl)  		
resourceSet = new ResourceSetImpl 			  		
UMLResourcesUtil.init(resourceSet)

Then, I call the following three functions to register the SysML resources:
1)
def void initPackageRegistry() {
	val packageRegistry = EPackage.Registry.INSTANCE
	packageRegistry.put(sysmlPackage.eNS_URI, sysmlPackage.eINSTANCE)
	packageRegistry.put(BlocksPackage.eNS_URI, BlocksPackage.eINSTANCE)
	packageRegistry.put(PortsandflowsPackage.eNS_URI, PortsandflowsPackage.eINSTANCE)
	packageRegistry.put(DeprecatedelementsPackage.eNS_URI, DeprecatedelementsPackage.eINSTANCE)
}

2)
def void initURIConverterURIMap() {
	val baseUri = URI.createURI("jar:file:/Applications/Eclipse-P2.app/Contents/Eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.papyrus.sysml14_1.3.0.jar!/")
	val um = URIConverter.URI_MAP
	um.put(URI.createURI(SysMLResource.PROFILES_PATHMAP), baseUri.appendSegment("model").appendSegment(""))
	um.put(URI.createURI(SysMLResource.LIBRARIES_PATHMAP), baseUri.appendSegment("libraries").appendSegment(""))
}

3)
def void initProfileLocationMap() {
	val plm = UMLPlugin.EPackageNsURIToProfileLocationMap
	plm.put(sysmlPackage.eNS_URI, URI.createURI(SysMLResource.PROFILE_URI + "#_Sg5BQL5BEeiU9bakHvTSew"))
	plm.put(BlocksPackage.eNS_URI, URI.createURI(SysMLResource.PROFILE_URI + "#_ShCyQr5BEeiU9bakHvTSew"))
	plm.put(PortsandflowsPackage.eNS_URI, URI.createURI(SysMLResource.PROFILE_URI + "#_ShEAYr5BEeiU9bakHvTSew"))
	plm.put(DeprecatedelementsPackage.eNS_URI, URI.createURI(SysMLResource.PROFILE_URI + "#_ShDZUr5BEeiU9bakHvTSew"))
}

In the last method, the "#..." strings correspond to the xmi:id's of the profileApplications in the uml file.

I have attached a zip of my project, including an example uml file and the complete Xtend code.

I would greatly appreciate any hints that can help me understand what I'm missing to implement this model-to-text transformation completely.
Re: Papyrus SysML model to text [message #1795669 is a reply to message #1795548] Wed, 26 September 2018 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karsten Thoms is currently offline Karsten ThomsFriend

Sorry I won't have the time to look into the example. If "Block" is your stereotype, then you won't have a class "Block", just a Stereotype instance that is applied on the Class, and from which you can access the tagged values with the Stereotype instance.

Project Xpand (predecessor of Xtend) as a dynamic UML typesystem. You may get some ideas from that how to handle that. Since the project is dormant I don't know how current handling UML models differs today from what it does, but I guess the basics did not change so much.

http://git.eclipse.org/c/m2t/org.eclipse.xpand.git/tree/plugins/org.eclipse.xtend.typesystem.uml2/src/org/eclipse/xtend/typesystem/uml2

Re: Papyrus SysML model to text [message #1795672 is a reply to message #1795669] Wed, 26 September 2018 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Well done for finding the Bugzilla. Your code may be an indication of what should be in the fix.

resourceSet = new ResourceSetImpl

looks wrong on two counts.

a) UML requires the global registries to be initialized using a null ResourceSet.
b) new ResourceSetImpl creates a new ResourceSet. You should initialize the ResourceSet that the rest of your code uses.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Papyrus SysML model to text [message #1795737 is a reply to message #1795672] Thu, 27 September 2018 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robbert Jongeling is currently offline Robbert JongelingFriend
Hi Ed,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm not sure I understand you correctly about statement a, there seems to be no difference between calling UMLResourceUtil.init with a non-initialized vs an initialized resourceset.

Anyway, I have now made some progress towards a solution that allows me to obtain the stereotypes that I expected to get, which I'm sharing below in case it is useful to someone else (and attached zip file).

I removed most of the setup code that I had.
What remains is the following:

A global variable.
ResourceSetImpl resourceSet

A function performing the resource setup (for now using hardcoded locations)
resourceSet = new ResourceSetImpl()

resourceSet.packageRegistry.put(sysmlPackage.eNS_URI, sysmlPackage.eINSTANCE)
val prefix = "jar:file:/Applications/Eclipse-P2.app/Contents/Eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.papyrus.sysml14_1.3.0.jar!/resources/profile/SysML.profile.uml"; 
UMLPlugin.EPackageNsURIToProfileLocationMap.put(sysmlPackage.eNS_URI, URI.createURI(prefix + "#SysML"))

Then, when I load a uml model using
val resource = resourceSet.getResource(URI.createURI(file), true)

(where file is the path to a Papyrus model.uml file)

I can get the applied stereotypes of the example.uml using:
for (model : resource.contents.filter(org.eclipse.uml2.ml.Model)) {
    for (clazz : model.allOwnedElements.filter(org.eclipse.uml2.uml.Class)) {
        val blockST = clazz.getAppliedStereotype("SysML::Blocks::Block")
        val block = clazz.getStereotypeApplication(blockStereotype)

for(port : clazz.allOwnedElements().filter(org.eclipse.uml2.uml.Port)) {
            val flowportST = port.getAppliedStereotype("SysML::DeprecatedElements::FlowPort")
            val flowport = port.getStereotypeApplication(flowportST)
        }
    }
}

And similarly for FullPort and ProxyPort of the example uml using "SysML::PortsAndFlows::FullPort" and "SysML::PortsAndFlows::ProxyPort".

My current state is that this works when I run it in Eclipse, meaning that the variable block is a BlockImpl and the variable flowport is a FlowPortImpl.
The next step is to try to make it work completely stand-alone.

Regards, Robbert

Re: Papyrus SysML model to text [message #1795748 is a reply to message #1795737] Thu, 27 September 2018 16:47 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

"there seems to be no difference between calling UMLResourceUtil.init with a non-initialized vs an initialized resourceset". Yes you are right, the code has changed since I influenced it's development. The Javadoc still says "(and/or the global registries)" but the "or" support has been removed.

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:Papyrus SysML model to text
Next Topic:[Acceleo] Problem of type with empty collections
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:14:38 GMT 2024