Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Access JavaFX from a eclipse plug-in code in Java 8
Access JavaFX from a eclipse plug-in code in Java 8 [message #1794970] Tue, 11 September 2018 21:16 Go to next message
chaitanya tangudu is currently offline chaitanya tanguduFriend
I am trying to use JavaFX package in a Java 8 code from eclipse plug-in. I was able to compile it, but at run-time the plug-in is not able get JavaFX class loaded. Looks like, OSGi Plug-in is not able load classes from "[JAVA]\jre\lib\ext\" directory, but able to load classes from "[JAVA]\jre\lib\".
I couldn't import javafx packages from imported packages as well. I think, I am missing something in OSGi class loading.
Any pointers how to resolve the issue is highly appreciated.

** I understand there is a way by including e(fx)clipse or copying jfxrt.jar to the plug-in class-path will resolve the issue, but I wanted to know why plug-in is not able to load from /ext/ path of the JRE.
Re: Access JavaFX from a eclipse plug-in code in Java 8 [message #1795051 is a reply to message #1794970] Thu, 13 September 2018 15:10 Go to previous message
chaitanya tangudu is currently offline chaitanya tanguduFriend
Following is the way, we fixed the issue.
Just to add more details regarding the solution,
The following are the OSGi configuration properties.
org.osgi.framework.bundle.parent - Specifies which class loader is used for boot delegation. Possible values are: boot for the boot class loader, app for the application class loader, ext for the extension class loader, and framework for the framework's class loader. The default is boot.
org.osgi.framework.system.packages - Specifies a comma-delimited list of packages that should be exported via the System Bundle from the framework class loader. The framework will set this to a reasonable default. If the value is specified, it replaces any default value.
So by adding -Dorg.osgi.framework.bundle.parent=ext -Dorg.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra=javafx.* the VM args, it added required dependency.
Previous Topic:Exporting Feature Fails - Photon 4.8.0
Next Topic:Debugging plugin does not work with photan
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:01:07 GMT 2024