Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Compare » Behavior of matcher(Behavior of matcher)
Behavior of matcher [message #1794831] Fri, 07 September 2018 11:53 Go to next message
Viktoria Fink is currently offline Viktoria FinkFriend
Hi,
I'm working further programmatically with emf compare. This time I got some strange behavior of the matcher in which case I can't find the reason why.

I have attached the two models of this case. In the right model there is a call and a conditional statement in Step_4. In the left model the call and the conditional statement are deleted and an assignment in actStep_2 is added.

Right: index.php/fa/33832/0/
Left: index.php/fa/33833/0/

Now to the behavior: Instead of matching the assignment inside the if-statement to Step_4 it is matched to actStep_2 as right match of the added assignment in the left model. I'm wondering where the problem lies. Is it my thinking, an error or something else? I tried other cases where I added the assignment not in actStep_2 but in the deactivation part of Step_2 and viola it worked just fine. All matches are as expected.
Any suggestions?

Greetings
Viktoria
Re: Behavior of matcher [message #1797359 is a reply to message #1794831] Tue, 30 October 2018 10:12 Go to previous message
Philip Langer is currently offline Philip LangerFriend

Hi Viktoria,

sorry for the delay!

It is difficult to judge what exactly is the problem without having the models. I assume you are using the ProximityEObjectMatcher (without IDs)?

I guess the only way to find out what's wrong is to debug through the matcher, figure out what the distance DistanceFunctions return for the objects, and see if it makes sense for your scenarios; and if not, customize the distance functions accordingly.

Best wishes,

Philip

--
Philip Langer

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/

[Updated on: Tue, 30 October 2018 10:12]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:[EMF Compare] Custom Diff Engine
Next Topic:EMF Merge Issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:31:41 GMT 2024