Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Given names for components defined by e4xmi(How to use the createCIWithGivenName-Method to map components defined by the e4xmi)
Given names for components defined by e4xmi [message #1794651] Tue, 04 September 2018 13:43 Go to next message
Robin Lemke is currently offline Robin LemkeFriend
Hello all,

we are using jubula over the client api. With the new update there is the new method to map the rcp components over given names. The usual way to give a component an identifier useable by jubula is with:
component.setData("TEST_COMP_NAME", "AN_IDENTIFIER")

In combination with the createCIWithGivenName-Method it works very well and thats why we want to map all components over the given names.
Here we have the problem to map tool items that are defined in the e4xmi. We tried the component name the OM-tool shown us, but our tests run into a ComponentNotFound-Exception. I don't think we have a way to call the setData -Method to set the identifier by our own.

Best regards,
Robin
Re: Given names for components defined by e4xmi [message #1794821 is a reply to message #1794651] Fri, 07 September 2018 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marvin Mueller is currently offline Marvin MuellerFriend
Hello Robin,

I do not know about any way to give these components a name for testing, but some of the components e.g. Toolbaritems are automatically named by Jubula. Toolbaritems are e.g. named most of the times after their command name. Check the Technical name in the Jubula Object Mapping.

best regards
Marvin
Re: Given names for components defined by e4xmi [message #1794845 is a reply to message #1794821] Fri, 07 September 2018 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robin Lemke is currently offline Robin LemkeFriend
Hello Marvin,

thanks for your reply. The way we tried to use the toolitems is the following: We used the standalone object mapping tool (see the file attachments). The value of the 'Component Name' field we used as the component identifier.
If I understand the source of the E4SwtComponentNamer.onModelToolItemCreated(MToolItem mToolItem) method right, then the toolitem elementId identifies the component in the tests. This value would be equal to the 'Component Name' in the om tool.
But it doesn't work in the tests, because we always get the ComponentNotFound-Exception. There is no problem to find the toolitem if we use the old manual object mapping, so that can 't be the fault.

best regards
Robin
Re: Given names for components defined by e4xmi [message #1794923 is a reply to message #1794845] Tue, 11 September 2018 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your Information, maybe this is a bug which has to do with the automated Naming, I have never tested if this worked with only the given component name for Toolbar items.
I will check this in the next Week.

best regards
Marvin
Re: Given names for components defined by e4xmi [message #1795242 is a reply to message #1794923] Wed, 19 September 2018 06:10 Go to previous message
I have checked it, and indeed we have a Bug where not all components are getting their name generated correctly. I have created a bug ticket[1] and i will post updates on the ticket.

best regards
Marvin

[1] http://eclip.se/539210
Previous Topic:AUT Server can't connect to client when testexec started from jenkins
Next Topic:Unable to start AUT which is a JNLP successfully
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:23:53 GMT 2024