Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Arrang All Problem using Sirius & ELK
Arrang All Problem using Sirius & ELK [message #1794531] Sat, 01 September 2018 01:45 Go to next message
Nicholas Kong is currently offline Nicholas KongFriend
To Whom It May Concern,

When I use Sirius 6.0, which has integrated ELK function.

I use the family example, and give the diagram layout function is 'ELK Layered', without any specific global option.

I found a problem, if I click the 'Arrange All' button multi-time, the diagram element size will be bigger in every time.

You can see after several 'Arrange All', Clara is bigger than 1st time.
But, you can see the Paul, who is in the top right corner, does not change the size.

index.php/fa/33798/0/

This problem not only shown Sirius(6.0) & ELK(0.3), but also shown Sirius(4.1.3) & ELK(0.2.2), so I think this problem may a defect of Sirius & ELK integration.

I attach the metamodel and model, and create a defect in Sirius Bugzilla.
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=538498

• Attachment: M2.zip
    (Size: 194.77KB, Downloaded 52 times)
  • Attachment: Model.zip
    (Size: 1.38KB, Downloaded 79 times)
  • Attachment: Arrange All Problem.jpg
    (Size: 137.57KB, Downloaded 343 times)

[Updated on: Sat, 01 September 2018 06:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Arrang All Problem using Sirius & ELK [message #1794574 is a reply to message #1794531] Mon, 03 September 2018 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierre Guilet is currently offline Pierre GuiletFriend
Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for your clean and detailed bugzilla. I was able to reproduce.

For information Sirius 4.1.3 has no ELK integration so I guess you were using the GMF connector provided by ELK. And because we reuse most of the code of this connector in our own I think this is why you had the problem in both version.

Regards,

Pierre Guilet - Obeo
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Arrang All Problem using Sirius & ELK [message #1794595 is a reply to message #1794574] Mon, 03 September 2018 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Pierre,

Thanks you quickly replay.
I saw the source code what is Sirius 6.0 used in plugins/org.eclipse.sirius.diagram.elk, some of them are copied from GMF connector.

I have an other question:
Can I follow [ 509070] step to integrate Sirius & ELK integration into Sirius 4.1.x?

Because our platform is based on Sirius4.1.x.
And I saw ELK integration ticket is based on 4.1.0, which is described in [ 509070]
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=509070.

Hope your feedback.

Thanks,
Nicholas

[Updated on: Mon, 03 September 2018 13:04]

Re: Arrang All Problem using Sirius & ELK [message #1794600 is a reply to message #1794595] Mon, 03 September 2018 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierre Guilet is currently offline Pierre GuiletFriend
What matters is the Target milestone that is 6.0.0. That means it will be available starting from this version.
The version is useful only for bugs to know the first version containing it. This is an evolution and this information does not mean anything.

I am sorry to say that we have not plans at the moment to backport this functionality on Sirius 4.1.x.
You can make your own connector but if the problems are in Sirius itself you will not be able to do anything. You could fork it but this is a complicated path.

Regards,

Pierre Guilet - Obeo
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Arrang All Problem using Sirius & ELK [message #1794615 is a reply to message #1794600] Tue, 04 September 2018 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(; I see. Thanks for you replay.

[Updated on: Tue, 04 September 2018 00:08]

Re: Arrang All Problem using Sirius & ELK [message #1795431 is a reply to message #1794615] Fri, 21 September 2018 18:18 Go to previous message
Parsa Pourali is currently offline Parsa PouraliFriend
Hey Nicholas,

Three years ago I faced the same issue when I wanted to manually integrate ELK and Sirius. I asked on ELK forum (https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1076080/) and you can see the answer. I remember that it worked for me at that time, but not sure if it is still useful. But if you made it work, please post your solution here so that others can also benefit because I'm sure this is one of the bugs that many people might face and needs to be fixed :)

Thanks,
Parsa
Previous Topic:[ANN] Obeo Designer CE Early Access Program
Next Topic:How restrict only one edge between nodes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:19:11 GMT 2024