Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Debugging OpenJDK 8 C++ sources using Eclipse
Debugging OpenJDK 8 C++ sources using Eclipse [message #1794364] Wed, 29 August 2018 15:14
Maksim Melnik is currently offline Maksim MelnikFriend
Hello,

in my project i want to debug the C/C++ source code of the OpenJDK version 8 using eclipse. For this purpose I have done following:

1. Compiled the OpenJDK8 with --with-debug-level=slowdebug.
2. Imported the sources of the OpenJDK makefile project into eclipse
3. Created an eclipse run configuration, executing the compiled OpenJDK's java executable and targeting a sample java program. Into this configuration I have attached the JDK source code directory path, so that eclipse is able to translate debug symbols to source-code lines and view them to me (obviously)

My problem is that somehow I still cannot debug through native code. Like for example java.lang.System.out.println()

To me it looked like the libraries were not included into the eclipse gdb-run. I tried to run gdb manually, and it still didn't work to debug through that code section.

Has anybody expirienced same behavior, or did ever try to debug the JDK source code? I guess I am missing something here... Maybe my approach is just not correct for the task? Would be glad to hear any proposal about how to debug the JDK source code propperly.

I have also tried debugging the OpenJDK source code with NetBeans and it seems to work, the procedure for NetBeans is described here:
LINK

So yes, is there a way to debug jdk C++ sources using eclipse ?

Regards and thank you.
Previous Topic:Trying to download nightly for Linux x64, sha512 mismatch
Next Topic:Confused about making a Java code template
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:14:30 GMT 2024