Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Difference between BIRT Designer & Runtime using Excel emitter
Difference between BIRT Designer & Runtime using Excel emitter [message #1794000] Wed, 22 August 2018 07:41 Go to next message
Eti Ga is currently offline Eti GaFriend
Hello,

BIRT version : 4.4.2 but I can't make it work with 4.8 neither.

I'm facing a "weird" issue where the rendering I have when creating a simple report in BIRT designer is different from the result when I generate the same report using the BIRT Runtime.

The report :
* A grid with 3 lines
* Each line has a "page break always"

> When I generate it to XLSX in the BIRT Designer, I have one tab per page break ( Preview -> XLSX) --> That's the result I want
> When I generate it to XLSX using the BIRT Runtime (same version) all the lines are on the same tab ... (options.setOutputFormat("xlsx"); )

Does someone have any idea or a different behavior ?

Thanks in advance

[Updated on: Wed, 22 August 2018 10:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Difference between BIRT Designer & Runtime using Excel emitter [message #1794631 is a reply to message #1794000] Tue, 04 September 2018 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eti Ga is currently offline Eti GaFriend
Hello,

I investigate a bit and it seems that the problem could come from the runRender mode vs Run THEN render. If you use the genReport.sh script with "run then render mode", you don't obtain the same thing than when you use the "runrender" mode.

Maybe I miss something but maybe it can also help understanding this issue.

I also found that bug that may be linked to my problem .

If you guys have any idea, this would be much appreciated.
Re: Difference between BIRT Designer & Runtime using Excel emitter [message #1842033 is a reply to message #1794631] Mon, 07 June 2021 23:21 Go to previous message
Robert Jones is currently offline Robert JonesFriend
Hi! I have the same observation and problem when using createRenderTask(document) vs createRunAndRenderTask(design). I use BIRT 4.8 with uk.co.spudsoft.birt.emitters.excel.XlsxEmitter and cannot get pages into tabs unless I use RunAndRenderTask. Interestingly, if you isolate a page using task.setPageNumber() then you get the single page, but you get an incomplete XLSX file that Excel must repair.

Hopefully someone will provide some feedback...
Cheers.
Previous Topic:create multiple sheets in Excel report
Next Topic:Error 500: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError com.ibm.icu.impl.ICUResourceBundle(initialization failure)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:54:11 GMT 2024