Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project (WTP) » How to support es6 in eclipse Photon(Need help getting Photon to support JavaScript ES6)
How to support es6 in eclipse Photon [message #1793988] Wed, 22 August 2018 02:41 Go to next message
Blake McBride is currently offline Blake McBrideFriend
I have JavaScript code that uses things like let, async, etc. My eclipse Photon flags it as errors. I installed WTP (SDK, Bundle, Dependencies, etc.). It still does not recognize ES6. Being a newbie to eclipse, getting the exact sequence to add ES6 support would be greatly appreciated!
Re: How to support es6 in eclipse Photon [message #1794154 is a reply to message #1793988] Fri, 24 August 2018 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blake McBride is currently offline Blake McBrideFriend
With over 1200 views and no response, I conclude that eclipse Photon doesn't support JavaScript ES6. It would have been nice for some official statement.
Re: How to support es6 in eclipse Photon [message #1801955 is a reply to message #1793988] Tue, 29 January 2019 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Tumpach is currently offline Andrew TumpachFriend
I'm running into a similar problem: how to get Photon (or whatever version of Eclipse you may be running) to use an Ecma version of your choosing. The asynch-await construct is apparently not part of ES 6, but rather ES 7. But I'm unable to find a way to make Photon see or respect the configuration of my javascript project; i.e., Eclipse has a nice little red icon with letter N for package.json files -- so it seems to know what node-based javascript projects are...but it doesn't seem to utilize those definitions. Nor have I found a way to activate a tern server to do it - although I haven't spent a ton of time on that avenue yet.
Re: How to support es6 in eclipse Photon [message #1816880 is a reply to message #1801955] Sun, 10 November 2019 06:06 Go to previous message
Stark Jones is currently offline Stark JonesFriend
JSDT have 2 big limitations: Syntax Highlight for ES6. Validator for ES6. To fix the problem with Validator .YourTexasBenefits

[Updated on: Sat, 15 February 2020 11:59]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:XML Editor for pure E4
Next Topic:RESTful Service in Java using JAX-RS and Jersey - Blank page and HTTP Status 404 error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:54:29 GMT 2024