Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Model Operations Open Wizard: specify Title/Description/IsPageComplete at page level
Model Operations Open Wizard: specify Title/Description/IsPageComplete at page level [message #1793894] Sun, 19 August 2018 13:20 Go to next message
Michel Schaffers is currently offline Michel SchaffersFriend
I want to implement a wizard with different pages using sirius specifier tools. I want to specify for every page its title or its description or whether the page is complete.

So I make a section tool section, an Open Wizard dialog with three pages.

Everything is ok: the dialog opens, I can navigate to the next and the previous page, my groups and properties are correctly displayed.

At the level of the Open Dialog, I can specify three expressions: the Title expression, the Description expression and the Is Page Complete expression. But they act independently of the page currently visible. How can I control the title or the description of the IsComplete logic at page level?

I want indeed to make sure that a given page is correctly filled before allowing the user to go to the next page.

Can somebody help with this respect? Many thanks in advance.

Michel Schaffers
Re: Model Operations Open Wizard: specify Title/Description/IsPageComplete at page level [message #1793910 is a reply to message #1793894] Mon, 20 August 2018 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello,

I am not sure to understand what you are asking. It must not be about an "Open Dialog" model operation as there are no such fields. There are these fields on Open Wizard where you say everything is okay. In general, if the field has a yellow background it is an Interpreted Expression, therefore concerning an Open Wizard you can control the title or the description using an AQL expression[1]. For instance, the title expression can display the name of the element on which you triggered the tool.

Best regards,
Steve

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/sirius/doc/specifier/general/Model_Operations.html#wizard

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Model Operations Open Wizard: specify Title/Description/IsPageComplete at page level [message #1794513 is a reply to message #1793910] Fri, 31 August 2018 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Schaffers is currently offline Michel SchaffersFriend
Hello Steve
Thanks for the reply. I just see it now.
Yes indeed, I meant 'At the level of the Open Wizard node, and not 'at the level of the Open Dialog node'.
We have there 4 fields with a yellow background. The work ok, but at the level of the Wizard (the whole dialog), and not at the level Page (one page in a sequence of pages in the wizard).
I want to show a different description for every of my three pages. I have a specific IsPageComplete logic for every of my three pages, which controls when the user is allowed to do a 'Next' to the next page of the wizard.
Sirius let met set expressions for this at the wizard level, but I need to do it at the page level (which is quite natural).
How can this be done?

Yours
Michel Schaffers
Re: Model Operations Open Wizard: specify Title/Description/IsPageComplete at page level [message #1794705 is a reply to message #1794513] Wed, 05 September 2018 09:36 Go to previous message
Pierre Guilet is currently offline Pierre GuiletFriend
Hi,

Like you mentionned there is no page complete expression at page level. So there is not much you can do.
But maybe your logic for each page is exclusive to one another and could be expressed in the same service whatever the current page is?
If not the only thing you can do is to open a feature request ticket in Sirius https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Sirius

Regards,

Pierre Guilet - Obeo
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:Problem : Create VSM programatically during execution
Next Topic:Null Pointer Exception
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:03:44 GMT 2024