Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » ProposalProvider functionality at the web editor
ProposalProvider functionality at the web editor [message #1793865] Fri, 17 August 2018 13:53 Go to next message
Denis  Kuniß is currently offline Denis KunißFriend
Hi there,

I have implemented a ProposalProvider for my language in the ui project at the ui.contentassistant package.
The proposals work well in Eclipse but do not show up in the web editor.

So, I'm wondering whether this is an expected behavior (as the content assistance is only available under Eclipse or with LSP), or am I missing something.

If it is an expected behavior, is a web editor based on LSP already available? Or, how can I get the proposals visible in the web editor?

Regards, Denis

P.S. I'm using Xtext 2.14.0. I start the web editor using the 'jettyRun' Gradle task in the web project.
Re: ProposalProvider functionality at the web editor [message #1793866 is a reply to message #1793865] Fri, 17 August 2018 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
you should have implemented/customized IdeContentProposalProvider and use UiToIdeContentProposalProvider in eclipse

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: ProposalProvider functionality at the web editor [message #1794094 is a reply to message #1793866] Thu, 23 August 2018 12:15 Go to previous message
Denis  Kuniß is currently offline Denis KunißFriend
Thanks for the hint, Christian.

Sorry that I haven't checked the Stackoverflow first, where you have already given an answer to that.

At the end it worked well for me.

I have added there a more detail explanation what have to be done for the next one asking that. :-)

Denis
Previous Topic:How to select an event from numerous events
Next Topic:How to split Xtext model file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:22:35 GMT 2024