Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » Can anyone tell me how to debug the Eclipse BPMN2 Modeler source code(Can anyone tell me how to debug the Eclipse BPMN2 Modeler source code)
Can anyone tell me how to debug the Eclipse BPMN2 Modeler source code [message #1793838] Thu, 16 August 2018 17:54 Go to next message
Yang Zheng is currently offline Yang ZhengFriend
Hi, I am totally new to Eclipse plugin development. Could any one tell me how to debug Eclipse BPMN2 Modeler source code? Could you explain that in a detailed step-by-step way with screenshots? I tried to import the source code of Eclipse BPMN2 Modeler into my workspace by importing existing maven project. But there are a lot of errors in the source code. It seems that a lot of dependencies cannot be found. I don't how to deal with that. Shouldn't all the dependencies be already specified in the pom.xml file? I want to run the code in debug mode but I don't know how.

Please also refer to my previous question in the URL below:

https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1094670/

That is why I need to debug the source code of Eclipse BPMN2 Modeler

Thank you very much!!
Re: Can anyone tell me how to debug the Eclipse BPMN2 Modeler source code [message #1795590 is a reply to message #1793838] Tue, 25 September 2018 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Soika is currently offline Ralph SoikaFriend
Hi,
you can take a look into this tutorial: https://wiki.eclipse.org/BPMN2-Modeler/DeveloperTutorials/HowToStartContributing

please let me know if it helps you.

===
Ralph
Re: Can anyone tell me how to debug the Eclipse BPMN2 Modeler source code [message #1795657 is a reply to message #1795590] Wed, 26 September 2018 12:56 Go to previous message
Yang Zheng is currently offline Yang ZhengFriend
Hi Ralph,

Thank you for your reply, I know how to debug now. What I want to do is to extract the part of source code that automatically generates DI info for an xml format BPMN file without DI. I want to implement a method in my program which reads the BPMN file with no DI, generates the DI for it and outputs the BPMN file with DI. So I want to extract the part of source code doing that in Eclipse BPMN2 Modeler. The code base is too huge and I cannot understand the code. Could you help me to extract the code and implement the method I want?

See this link for more information:
https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1094670/

Thank you!
Previous Topic:How to extract the part of source code of Eclipse BPMN2 Modeler that automatically generates DI info
Next Topic:Can I extend twice the same object using modelExtension ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:35:18 GMT 2024