Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » Cache L2 sharing objects with managed entities(Cache L2 sharing objects with managed entities)
Cache L2 sharing objects with managed entities [message #1793834] Thu, 16 August 2018 16:52 Go to next message
I P is currently offline I PFriend
Hello guys,

Having the following structure:

Entity A -> includes an embedded component Address
L2 cache enabled, FULL type, the default one from EclipseLink

During a transaction, before commit time, if we modify the embedded component from a managed entity A, it is instantly reflected in the L2 cache.

We observed that behavior when debugging the L2 cache, more precise using the CacheImpl class (get object method). We observed that the managed entity object shares the same instance of embedded Address with the entity A object resulted from cache.

My question is, did someone else ever experienced this behavior? Does anyone have a solution for this?
Re: Cache L2 sharing objects with managed entities [message #1795876 is a reply to message #1793834] Mon, 01 October 2018 15:25 Go to previous message
Chris Delahunt is currently offline Chris DelahuntFriend
Yes, it can be done if you have configured various optimizations, such as for reads to use objects directly from the shared cache. These optimizations are not meant for objects you are intending to change.

If this is not how you have hit the situation, more context on your setup would be needed.

Best Regards,
Chris
Previous Topic:UnitOfWork parent(ClientSession) turns inActive
Next Topic:Immutable and read-only mappings
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:20:25 GMT 2024