Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Eclipse Layout Kernel » [ELK] Bind my own algorithm to my own model
[ELK] Bind my own algorithm to my own model [message #1793757] Wed, 15 August 2018 09:26 Go to next message
lee lucky is currently offline lee luckyFriend
Hi,
Recently, I customized a new algorithm by the extension point "org.eclipse.elk.core.layoutProviders" in ELK. But I want that only my own model diagram can pick this algorithm, other models can not see or pick this algorithm in the Layout properties.
How can make it? Please give some suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Re: [ELK] Bind my own algorithm to my own model [message #1793758 is a reply to message #1793757] Wed, 15 August 2018 09:54 Go to previous message
Christoph Daniel Schulze is currently offline Christoph Daniel SchulzeFriend
Hi,

that's not possible. To use your algorithm, you have to plug it into ELK, which you have done. As soon as it's plugged in, there's no way to prevent others from using it as well.

Having said that, the layout properties view is not something tool developers should provide to end users anyway. Our target audience for that user interface are layout algorithm and tool developers, that is, people who have a fighting chance to understand the settings.

Cheers,
Chris
Previous Topic:Is there a standard ELK Graph View, that understands ELK Graph and knows how to show it?
Next Topic:NULL pointer when opening sirius diagram firstly
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:16:16 GMT 2024