Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Stepping through code in Photon is slow, but clicking on trace speeds it up
Stepping through code in Photon is slow, but clicking on trace speeds it up [message #1793677] Mon, 13 August 2018 23:27 Go to next message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
After upgrading to Photon, I've been noticing that stepping through code is seemingly much slower than it used to be. I particularly notice when I do a "Step Over" on a simple line of code. It takes several seconds before the green highlight appears on the next line.

What I discovered, however, is that after doing "Step Over", if I then just click on the stacktrace, at the top of the stack, it immediately updates the green highlight in the code. I can step through the code quite a bit faster by pressing F6 (step over), then immediately clicking on the stack entry, and then F6, and so on.

This is is a workaround, but it's still an annoyance.

There's nothing significant in the error log.

Is this enough information for a bug report?
Re: Stepping through code in Photon is slow, but clicking on trace speeds it up [message #1793697 is a reply to message #1793677] Tue, 14 August 2018 08:31 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Interesting. Very close to a can-I-report-it problem I've observed. Sometimes the Variables View does not refresh to display the prevailing state; very deceitful; need to trick it with another 'step'.

Seems like a thread synchronization problem.

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:Photon installation failed
Next Topic:No Display view
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:30:16 GMT 2024