Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Hexa decimal PARAM input
Hexa decimal PARAM input [message #1793543] Thu, 09 August 2018 21:59 Go to next message
Rodrigo Esposito is currently offline Rodrigo EspositoFriend
Is it possible to send hexa decimal params at IW or QW fb's? Do i have to use any special characters? Picture for exemple.

index.php/fa/33613/0/

[Updated on: Thu, 09 August 2018 22:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Hexa decimal PARAM input [message #1793561 is a reply to message #1793543] Fri, 10 August 2018 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jose Maria Jesus Cabral Lassalle is currently offline Jose Maria Jesus Cabral LassalleFriend
The PARAMS input is actually for configuring the I/O and dependes on the system you're using. For example, in a RPI is just a number for setting to which IO of the RPI hardware the FB will be connected. So in the PARAMS you don't send anything.

Also, the I/Os are normally in the form of two letters, for example AB, where A can be: I (input) or Q(output); and B can be: X (booolean), W(word, 16 bits), D (double word, 32 bits). So in your picture, we see an input which reads a 16 bits word. So first of all, you cannot send anything using an input, you should use and output. An if you were to use a QW, you can send, as said, a 16 bits word (an integer of 16 bits basically).

Where do you want to send this information? Because it looks like you want to send using a communication medium. In that case, you should use the PUBLISH_X or CLIENT_X_Y depending on the case, and use the SD_X inputs. Again, the PARAMS in these FBs are for setting the type of communication protocol, and other thing regarding the communication. For example, you could use these to send the hexadecimal data over the serial port.
Re: Hexa decimal PARAM input [message #1793578 is a reply to message #1793561] Fri, 10 August 2018 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

To add to Jose's comment. The params input is a STRING describing a suitable configuration for your dedicated IO system. Depending on your IO driver implementation you are rather free to specify the structure and content of the params string.

however if you want to specify numbers for a ANY_BIT data type (e.g,. BOOL, BYTE, WORD, DWORD), there is a literal definition in IEC 6113-3, which states that the number format can be specified upfront a number followed by a # (e.g., 16#AFFE, 8#77).
Re: Hexa decimal PARAM input [message #1793779 is a reply to message #1793561] Wed, 15 August 2018 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rodrigo Esposito is currently offline Rodrigo EspositoFriend
Thanks for your answer. I'm trying to use an ads1115 adc on raspberry Pi, it uses i2c comunication to transfer data. And, now, i don't really know what path i should follow.

[Updated on: Wed, 15 August 2018 17:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Hexa decimal PARAM input [message #1793856 is a reply to message #1793779] Fri, 17 August 2018 11:26 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

I personally would choose a config scheem that seems naturla for you or your users. You can have a look on other implemetnations like RaspberryPI SPS or Conmeleon to take some insperiation.

Alois
Previous Topic:Integration of OPCUA client and server with IEC61499
Next Topic:Write and Read OPC_UA Variables in the same server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:54:38 GMT 2024