Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » Why can't I display processes in my BPMN file with collaboration ?(I create an xml bpmn file with collaboration info and no BPMN Diagram info. The modeler only generate empty pools for me)
Why can't I display processes in my BPMN file with collaboration ? [message #1793531] Thu, 09 August 2018 15:45 Go to next message
Yang Zheng is currently offline Yang ZhengFriend
I create an xml bpmn file with collaboration information and no BPMN Diagram information. I want to use the Eclipse BPMN2 Modeler to automatically generate the BPMN Diagram elements for me. But when I open the bpmn file using the Bpmn2 Diagram Editor, it only display empty pools for me with nothing in it. I cannot see the details of my processes.

Please see the attachments of this post for the jpg file of the wrongly generated diagram and also my original bpmn xml file: mybpmn.bpmn.

Could anyone tell me why it is wrongly displayed and how to fix this problem?

Thank you very much

[Updated on: Fri, 10 August 2018 21:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Why can't I display processes in my BPMN file with collaboration ? [message #1793596 is a reply to message #1793531] Fri, 10 August 2018 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Soika is currently offline Ralph SoikaFriend
I just tried it out using Eclipse Photon with the latest version 1.5.0 of the BPMN Plugin.
It works. You need to disentangle the elements manually but the information is there.

What version did you try?

===
Ralph
Re: Why can't I display processes in my BPMN file with collaboration ? [message #1793598 is a reply to message #1793596] Fri, 10 August 2018 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I just tried it out using Eclipse Photon with the latest version 1.5.0 of the BPMN Plugin.
It works. You need to disentangle the elements manually but the information is there.

===
Ralph

Oh no, I attached the wrong bpmn file! If, like in your case, there is no collaboration related elements such as collaboration and participants, it woks well. But if you add collaboration elements, you can only see empty pools.

I attached the bpmn file that causes the problem in this reply.

By the way could you tell me how to extract the part of code in Eclipse BPMN2 Modeler that generates DI info for the bpmn file without DI. Actually I want to programmatically generate DI for the bpm file without DI. I mean I want to write a function which reads a bpmn file without DI as input and generate bpmn DI info for it and output the new bpmn file containing DI information
Re: Why can't I display processes in my BPMN file with collaboration ? [message #1793599 is a reply to message #1793596] Fri, 10 August 2018 21:21 Go to previous message
Quote:

===
Ralph

Oh no, I attached the wrong bpmn file! If, like in your case, there is no collaboration related elements such as collaboration and participants, it woks well. But if you add collaboration elements, you can only see empty pools.

I attached the bpmn file that causes the problem in this reply.

By the way could you tell me how to extract the part of code in Eclipse BPMN2 Modeler that generates DI info for the bpmn file without DI. Actually I want to programmatically generate DI for the bpm file without DI. I mean I want to write a function which reads a bpmn file without DI as input and generate bpmn DI info for it and output the new bpmn file containing DI information
Previous Topic:Who will attend EclipseCon Europe 2018?
Next Topic:How to extract the part of source code of Eclipse BPMN2 Modeler that automatically generates DI info
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:38:46 GMT 2024