Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » support for communication with mac address
support for communication with mac address [message #1793444] Wed, 08 August 2018 12:50 Go to next message
Siyu Zhang is currently offline Siyu ZhangFriend
Hello!

I am working on communication on IEC 61850 protocol where MAC address is used in the communication. I started to investigate how I can change the code in FORTE to enable raspberry pi and PC to communicate on MAC address.

It would be helpful if you can give me some insights on how to change the ID from sockets to MAC address.

Thank you!

Re: support for communication with mac address [message #1793521 is a reply to message #1793444] Thu, 09 August 2018 13:23 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,

4diac forte has a very flexible communication infrastructure. i think what you need is a dedicated communication layer which will perform your actions. You could start with looking in the forte development section of our documentation there you'll find an overview on the communication architecture. For testing you could start with a modified ip layer. Maybe you can even directly inhert from it and just change teh connect and disconnect method.

I hope this helps.
Cheers,
Alois
Previous Topic:Error at building open62541
Next Topic:Integration of OPCUA client and server with IEC61499
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:09:52 GMT 2024