Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gemini » Needs help on migration from spring-dm to gemini blueprint(Needs help on migration from spring-dm to gemini blueprint)
Needs help on migration from spring-dm to gemini blueprint [message #1793389] Tue, 07 August 2018 10:11 Go to next message
Munish Gupta is currently offline Munish GuptaFriend
Hi All,

I was using KARAF 4.0.10 which installs spring 3.1.4 as boot feature. We were using spring for web module (spring-mvc) with spring-dm (spring-osgi-web).

Here is my example web.xml.
That is my web.xml Mvc Servlet

<context-param>
<param-name>contextClass</param-name>
<param-value>org.springframework.osgi.web.context.support.osgibundlexmlwebapplicationcontext</param-value>
</context-param>
<servlet>
<servlet-name>javorai-api</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet</servlet-class>
<init-param>
<param-name>contextClass</param-name>
<param-value>org.springframework.osgi.web.context.support.osgibundlexmlwebapplicationcontext</param-value>
</init-param>
<load-on-startup>2</load-on-startup>
</servlet>

As we upgraded KARAF to 4.2.0, spring is upgraded to 5.0.4 and spring-dm does not support it anymore. it is deprecated now. based on internet search, I found the suggestion to move on to gemini blueprint as replacement of spring-dm. I have downloaded gemini-blueprint/IO, Core and extender module by configuring it as maven dependency.

Can you please guide on what should be changed in web.xml to move on to gemini blueprint as replacement of spring-dm?

Regards
Munish
Re: Needs help on migration from spring-dm to gemini blueprint [message #1793405 is a reply to message #1793389] Tue, 07 August 2018 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Florian Waibel is currently offline Florian WaibelFriend
Hi Munish,

maybe this migration guide can get you started: https://www.eclipse.org/gemini/blueprint/documentation/migration/

Regards,
florian
Re: Needs help on migration from spring-dm to gemini blueprint [message #1793428 is a reply to message #1793405] Wed, 08 August 2018 07:07 Go to previous message
Munish Gupta is currently offline Munish GuptaFriend
Hi Florian,

I had seen this document and this does not talk about web. osgibundlexmlwebapplicationcontext is the key class which i was not able to find any gemini-blueprint jar's after downloading.

Munish
Previous Topic:I don't get any exceptions from EclipseLink
Next Topic:Wrong handling of HTTP REDIRECT status by Eclipse gemini
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:55:17 GMT 2024