Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » cellular connectivity
cellular connectivity [message #1793358] Mon, 06 August 2018 13:23 Go to next message
Thomas Hornstein is currently offline Thomas HornsteinFriend
Hello,

I am running Kura (3.2) on an raspberry pi3 and planning to add cellular connectivity....

I have a Huawei E3531 usb stick wich is showing up in Kura as "eth1" and not as "ppp0" and therefore it is not configurable.

With the usb_modeswitch (terminal) i can switch it manually to modem mode.... then the terminal will show it as modem (with lsusb) but from then it is not shown in Kura anymore.

Somewhere here i read that only telit modules will work with kura... are there any USB-Dongles that are using telit modules... or do you have to wire the telit module directly to the raspberry...

Or is there maybe another way for the huawei stick to show up in kura as "ppp0"?

thank you for any advice

Re: cellular connectivity [message #1793430 is a reply to message #1793358] Wed, 08 August 2018 08:05 Go to previous message
Matteo Maiero is currently offline Matteo MaieroFriend
Hi,
when switched modality, are you able to see the modem as ppp interface via linux commands (like ifconfig)?

In you case, I believe there are two options: configure the parameters externally to Kura and use the ethernet interface as WAN. Probably this is the simplest option.
The other would be to try to integrate the modem in Kura configurations, modifying the code in order to let Kura recognise the modem and be able to configure/manage it.

Best regards,
Matteo
Previous Topic:Pi4j library
Next Topic:How to connect Kura gateway to Hono
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:13:03 GMT 2024