Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Cannot find Java class from standalone EOL plugin
Cannot find Java class from standalone EOL plugin [message #1793305] Fri, 03 August 2018 14:13 Go to next message
Milan Vathoopan is currently offline Milan VathoopanFriend
Hello everyone,

I am trying to call a java class from my EOL file as described in https://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/articles/call-java-from-epsilon/
which throws me an error Type "org.eclipse.xxx.JavaClass" not found. As I am new to plugin development in general and also epsilon, I am stuck at this point. I am able to call standard tools from Epsilon such as FileSystemTool, but the custom java class I wrote do not work. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Milan
Re: Cannot find Java class from standalone EOL plugin [message #1794638 is a reply to message #1793305] Tue, 04 September 2018 10:43 Go to previous message
Horacio Hoyos is currently offline Horacio HoyosFriend

Hi,

For eclipse plugins, you need to tell Epsilon that you are providing access to a particular java as explained in the resource you linked (via extension point). Also, for this to work you need to run your plugin in a nested eclipse: right click -> run as -> eclipse application.

Later when you ship your plugin users will be able to install it in their eclipse so a nested instance is not needed.

Horacio Hoyos Rodriguez
Kinori Tech
Need professional support for Epsilon, EMF?
Go to: https://kinori.tech
Previous Topic:Configure EOL launch (EMF models) from java
Next Topic:Create spreadsheet as a model using ETL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:37:30 GMT 2024