Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Cannot find Java class from standalone EOL plugin
Cannot find Java class from standalone EOL plugin [message #1793304] Fri, 03 August 2018 14:13 Go to next message
Milan Vathoopan is currently offline Milan VathoopanFriend
Hello everyone,

I am trying to call a java class from my EOL file as described in https://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/articles/call-java-from-epsilon/
which throws me an error Type "org.eclipse.xxx.JavaClass" not found. As I am new to plugin development in general and also epsilon, I am stuck at this point. I am able to call standard tools from Epsilon such as FileSystemTool, but the custom java class I wrote do not work. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Milan
Re: Cannot find Java class from standalone EOL plugin [message #1793307 is a reply to message #1793304] Fri, 03 August 2018 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Milan,

Could you please attach a copy of your custom tool plugin so that I can have a look?

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: Cannot find Java class from standalone EOL plugin [message #1793309 is a reply to message #1793307] Fri, 03 August 2018 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank for the quick reply. Please find attached the plugin. Ans here goes the very "simple" class which I was calling from the same work space.

package org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.tools;

public class Importer {
	protected String name;
	public void setname(String name) {
		this.name= name;
	}

}

I have created dependency of org.eclipse.epsilon.common.dt and an extension point with attribute class org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.tools.Importer.

Both the plugins are in the same work space.

Cheers
Milan
Re: Cannot find Java class from standalone EOL plugin [message #1793317 is a reply to message #1793309] Fri, 03 August 2018 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Milan,

The EOL program that uses the tool needs to be executed in a nested workspace. As state in [1]: "To invoke the tool you have two options: You can either run a new Eclipse instance, or export the plugin and place it in the dropins folder of your installation.".

Cheers,
Dimitris

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/articles/call-java-from-epsilon/
Re: Cannot find Java class from standalone EOL plugin [message #1793325 is a reply to message #1793317] Sat, 04 August 2018 08:23 Go to previous message
Thank you Dimitris. This clarifies the path for me.

Cheers
Milan
Previous Topic:Ecore model instance to Eugenia
Next Topic:get reference name not value
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:12:07 GMT 2024