Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » C++ Code Generation and Port properties
C++ Code Generation and Port properties [message #1793147] Tue, 31 July 2018 15:55 Go to next message
Yoann Farré is currently offline Yoann FarréFriend
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to generate C++ code from a model composed of classes whose structure is described with composite structure diagrams and ports for interactions between classes. I describe the behavior of some classes thanks to state machine diagram (Level I) . Then I decompose this class in several parts and connect the needed ports and the behavior of this subclasses is described thanks to state machine diagrams (Level II).

Now, my issue is that I would, in some use case, generate the code using the description of behavior at Level I (and execute the code present only in the level I classes) and in other use cases, generate the code for the description of behavior at Level II. But i observed that if I add the connectors between ports of class (Level I) and parts at Level II, the behavior is always the one of the level II. I tried to change the properties of ports which are useful and in particular the 'isBehavior" property but it seems that there is no effect on the code generation. Is this behavior wanted? I don't want to change all connections each time I change of use case because it could represent a big amount of time for complex projects.

Can someone help me with this specific use case?

Thank you for reading.

Yoann.
Re: C++ Code Generation and Port properties [message #1793199 is a reply to message #1793147] Wed, 01 August 2018 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Charles Rivet is currently offline Charles RivetFriend

Have you looked at Papyrus for Real Time? What you are describing is very similar to that product...

/Charles Rivet
Re: C++ Code Generation and Port properties [message #1793204 is a reply to message #1793199] Wed, 01 August 2018 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Charles,

Yes the modelisation approach looks like quite similar even if I didn't try Papyrus for Real Time for the moment. Is the C/C++ code generator different from Papyrus Software Designer for this product?

Yoann
Re: C++ Code Generation and Port properties [message #1793211 is a reply to message #1793204] Wed, 01 August 2018 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ansgar Radermacher is currently offline Ansgar RadermacherFriend
Hi,

the code generator in Papyrus-RT is not the same as in Papyrus SW designer. The former supports a specific UML variant, called UML/RT, the latter is more generic.. Behavior ports are currently not supported in Papyrus SW designer.

Ansgar
Re: C++ Code Generation and Port properties [message #1793249 is a reply to message #1793211] Thu, 02 August 2018 07:10 Go to previous message
Hello,

Thank you Ansgar. Is it planned to support the behavior ports in Papyrus SW Designer in a near futur?

Yoann
Previous Topic:"Unresolved resource" error occurring during Collaborative work
Next Topic:[Papyrus] Errors and warnings after importing a Papyrus project made using an earlier version
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 17:22:20 GMT 2024