Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Charts Component in Scout(Charts in Scout)
Charts Component in Scout [message #1793071] Mon, 30 July 2018 13:55 Go to next message
Oueslati Anis is currently offline Oueslati AnisFriend
Hello,
Can any one provide a snipped to develop charts component with scout framework.
It will be interesting to get an example of a working charting project.
In future release will those component be introduced by default in the framework ?
Kind Regards
Re: Charts Component in Scout [message #1793195 is a reply to message #1793071] Wed, 01 August 2018 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peter Pfeifer is currently offline Peter PfeiferFriend

Hi there,

that's a question I also have for a very long time now.

The only solution I stumbled across so far, was using JFreeChart or something similar and display the output within a SVG control.

Are there any better solutions?

Peter

[Updated on: Mon, 06 August 2018 11:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Charts Component in Scout [message #1793269 is a reply to message #1793195] Thu, 02 August 2018 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,
No, I did not found a solution for this issue until now, but do you have any idea if for example for next releases thare will be inbox Chart component within the scout framework.
Kind Regards
Re: Charts Component in Scout [message #1793276 is a reply to message #1793269] Thu, 02 August 2018 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Claudio Guglielmo is currently offline Claudio GuglielmoFriend
Hi,

there is no official chart widget provided by Scout, but it shouldn't be a big deal to use one of the many charting libraries in the internet. You basically have to create a custom field which acts as wrapper for the library. An example can be found here: https://scout.bsi-software.com/widgets/?dl=widget-heatmapfield. This field uses a library called leafletjs to visualize maps (https://leafletjs.com/). Maybe you want to start a GitHub project to share your results? ;-)

Using a server side library and creating an SVG is definitely an option as well, but the result is rather static. JavaScript based charts are probably more interactive and visually appealing (animations etc.).

Good luck
Claudio

[Updated on: Thu, 02 August 2018 15:24]

Re: Charts Component in Scout [message #1793711 is a reply to message #1793276] Tue, 14 August 2018 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,
I tried to make a sample using the heatmapfield and also a chart project I found on this forum but I am getting the error

uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'appendDiv' of undefined at http://localhost:8082/res/chartapp-all.js:14511
TypeError: Cannot read property 'appendDiv' of undefined

I dont understand this error and how to fix it.
can any one hep me ?
Kind Regards

[Updated on: Tue, 14 August 2018 12:52]

Re: Charts Component in Scout [message #1793727 is a reply to message #1793711] Tue, 14 August 2018 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beat Schwarzentrub is currently offline Beat SchwarzentrubFriend
Oueslati Anis wrote on Tue, 14 August 2018 08:43

uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'appendDiv' of undefined at http://localhost:8082/res/chartapp-all.js:14511
TypeError: Cannot read property 'appendDiv' of undefined

It's hard to tell from just this error message. Somewhere, you are calling the method appendDiv() on an object that is undefined. Here is an example of a call that would cause this error:

this.$doesNotExist.appendDiv('myclass');

I suggest you add a break point in the F12 developer tools at the error location and inspect the stack trace and the object properties. Can you post the code of your widget or at least a strack trace?

Regards,
Beat
Re: Charts Component in Scout [message #1793768 is a reply to message #1793727] Wed, 15 August 2018 12:54 Go to previous message
Hello,
Thanks I solved the probem by instanciating a $parent variable that was put to undefined value in the script.
Thanks
Previous Topic:Cannot login with deployed helloworld project
Next Topic:How about Charts?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:44:53 GMT 2024