Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Birt runtime Parameter and JDBC Error
Birt runtime Parameter and JDBC Error [message #1792881] Wed, 25 July 2018 10:52 Go to next message
Stefan W. is currently offline Stefan W.Friend
I did create a report with the Birt Report Designer 4.7.0-20170622 and i'm currently trying to get this report running from cmd.

My Report is using 1 Data Source connected to my DB, and various Data Sets with 1 specific parameter. Within the Designer it is all working just fine.

So now i'm trying to get this running with the Birt runtime-4.7.0-20170622

Set BIRT_HOME=C:\birt-runtime-4.7.0-20170622

%BIRT_HOME%\ReportEngine\genReport.bat --format PDF --output "%BIRT_HOME%\ReportEngine\samples\output1.pdf" "%BIRT_HOME%\ReportEngine\samples\myreport.rptdesign"

my first Problem appears trying to add a parameter:
Whenever i add -p Param_1=12345 the Batch File immediately stops.

So i tried to run the report without the parameter since there is a default value within the report.
Thats when i get this kind of Errors:

Jul 25, 2018 11:03:33 AM org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager loadExtraDriver
SEVERE: DriverClassLoader failed to load class: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
        at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.URLClassLoader.findClass1(URLClassLoader.java:188)
        at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:156)
        at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:1)
        at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:151)
        at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.base/java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
        at java.base/java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.loadExtraDriver(JDBCDriverManager.java:1064)
        at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.findDriver(JDBCDriverManager.java:859)
        at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.loadAndRegisterDriver(JDBCDriverManager.java:986)
        at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.loadAndRegisterDriver(JDBCDriverManager.java:958)
        at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.doConnect(JDBCDriverManager.java:285)
        at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.getConnection(JDBCDriverManager.java:236)
        at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.Connection.connectByUrl(Connection.java:253)
        at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.Connection.open(Connection.java:163)
        at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.consumer.helper.OdaConnection.open(OdaConnection.java:250)
        at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.ConnectionManager.openConnection(ConnectionManager.java:165)
        at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.DataSource.newConnection(DataSource.java:224)
        at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.DataSource.open(DataSource.java:212)
        at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.DataSourceRuntime.openOdiDataSource(DataSourceRuntime.java:217)
        at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.QueryExecutor.openDataSource(QueryExecutor.java:437)
        at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.QueryExecutor.prepareExecution(QueryExecutor.java:325)
        at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedQuery.doPrepare(PreparedQuery.java:463)
        at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedDataSourceQuery.produceQueryResults(PreparedDataSourceQuery.java:190)
        at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedDataSourceQuery.execute(PreparedDataSourceQuery.java:178)
        at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedOdaDSQuery.execute(PreparedOdaDSQuery.java:179)
        at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.adapter.impl.DataRequestSessionImpl.execute(DataRequestSessionImpl.java:651)
        at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.DteDataEngine.doExecuteQuery(DteDataEngine.java:152)
        at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.AbstractDataEngine.execute(AbstractDataEngine.java:286)
        at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.executeQuery(ExecutionContext.java:1949)
        at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.QueryItemExecutor.executeQuery(QueryItemExecutor.java:80)
        at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.TableItemExecutor.execute(TableItemExecutor.java:62)
        at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.dup.SuppressDuplicateItemExecutor.execute(SuppressDuplicateItemExecutor.java:43)
        at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.wrap.WrappedReportItemExecutor.execute(WrappedReportItemExecutor.java:46)
        at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.l18n.LocalizedReportItemExecutor.execute(LocalizedReportItemExecutor.java:34)
        at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layoutNodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:65)
        at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLStackingLM.layoutChildren(HTMLStackingLM.java:26)
        at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.layout(HTMLAbstractLM.java:140)
        at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLInlineStackingLM.resumeLayout(HTMLInlineStackingLM.java:111)
        at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLInlineStackingLM.layoutNodes(HTMLInlineStackingLM.java:160)
        at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLStackingLM.layoutChildren(HTMLStackingLM.java:26)
        at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.layout(HTMLAbstractLM.java:140)
        at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layoutNodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:71)
        at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLRepeatHeaderLM.layoutChildren(HTMLRepeatHeaderLM.java:46)
        at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layoutNodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:71)
        at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLPageLM.layout(HTMLPageLM.java:92)
        at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLReportLayoutEngine.layout(HTMLReportLayoutEngine.java:100)
        at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.doRun(RunAndRenderTask.java:181)
        at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.run(RunAndRenderTask.java:77)
        at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.ReportRunner.runAndRenderReport(ReportRunner.java:245)
        at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.ReportRunner.execute(ReportRunner.java:168)
        at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.ReportRunner.main(ReportRunner.java:127)
Re: Birt runtime Parameter and JDBC Error [message #1792966 is a reply to message #1792881] Thu, 26 July 2018 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
keshavendra Singh is currently offline keshavendra SinghFriend
Hi,

It simply means you do not have the mentioned JDBC driver in the classpath.
Try adding the driver jar file in the classpath and it would not give you any further error.
Re: Birt runtime Parameter and JDBC Error [message #1792994 is a reply to message #1792966] Fri, 27 July 2018 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh yeah you were right i was trying that before but i just figured my command was the issue.
i'm able to run
%BIRT_HOME%\ReportEngine\genReport.bat -f PDF "%BIRT_HOME%\ReportEngine\samples\myreport.rptdesign"

But
%BIRT_HOME%\ReportEngine\genReport.bat -p Param_1=12345 -m runrender -f PDF "%BIRT_HOME%\ReportEngine\samples\myreport.rptdesign"

throws:
The input line is too long.
The syntax of the command is incorrect.

[Updated on: Fri, 27 July 2018 08:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Birt runtime Parameter and JDBC Error [message #1792995 is a reply to message #1792966] Fri, 27 July 2018 08:50 Go to previous message
oh yeah you were right i was trying that before but i just figured my command was the issue.
i'm able to run
%BIRT_HOME%\ReportEngine\genReport.bat -f PDF "%BIRT_HOME%\ReportEngine\samples\myreport.rptdesign"

But
%BIRT_HOME%\ReportEngine\genReport.bat -p Param_1=12345 -m runrender -f PDF "%BIRT_HOME%\ReportEngine\samples\myreport.rptdesign"

throws:
The input line is too long.
The syntax of the command is incorrect.
Previous Topic:BIrt modification
Next Topic:Working with onRenderScripts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:16:49 GMT 2024