Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » e(fx)clipse » Current recommendations for dialogs (and wizards)(Is it possible to define dialog content in the application model?)
Current recommendations for dialogs (and wizards) [message #1792721] Mon, 23 July 2018 08:39 Go to next message
Elias Vasylenko is currently offline Elias VasylenkoFriend
It appears that MDialog and MWizard were never fully fleshed out https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=460826

It appears that currently the use of these model elements is not recommended, though I can't find any more recent information about them than the discussion in the above linked bug from a couple of years ago. In any case, no dialog elements appear to be present in the model editor so I assume they're not working or at least not recommended for use.

Is there a current recommendation for presenting model elements, e.g. partstacks, in dialogs? Could the MWindow be used and shown modally, or could a part snippet be cloned and manually set as the content of a JavaFX dialog? Is there a better way, or any work in progress on this stuff?
Re: Current recommendations for dialogs (and wizards) [message #1793078 is a reply to message #1792721] Mon, 30 July 2018 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
You are right the Dialog/Wiazrd system is not useable. I once proposed a way forward. At the time we had a customer who would have sponsored the work but we could get consensus in time and this window closed. What you have in e(fx)clipse is the LightweightDialogService opening Lightweight Dialogs, a similar thing could be done for wzards/dialogs
Re: Current recommendations for dialogs (and wizards) [message #1793720 is a reply to message #1793078] Tue, 14 August 2018 14:42 Go to previous message
Elias Vasylenko is currently offline Elias VasylenkoFriend
Okay thanks I understand. In that case, is there a way to embed model elements into other controls, e.g. embed an MPart within a lightweight dialog?

Edit: Never mind, unless I am mistaken this appears to be covered by EModelService.hostElement.

[Updated on: Tue, 14 August 2018 15:56]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Interactive Splashscreen
Next Topic:Proper way to find a model element with CSS selector?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:42:48 GMT 2024