Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Issue while creating the child node in tree description in eclipse sirius(Creating the child node under tree nodes is not showing the changes in the diagram description)
Issue while creating the child node in tree description in eclipse sirius [message #1792525] Thu, 19 July 2018 06:42 Go to next message
Prajna VGFriend
hi, I am trying to create viewpoint (basic family example) with tree description.

index.php/fa/33448/0/

I designed and set properties as shown below:
1. Tree id PersonTree and domain class basicfamily::Family and added the metamodel.
2. Then in a tree item family I created a tree item with id ChildrenTree, domain class basicfamily::Person and Semantic candidate expression - feature:children
3. Then I created new create tool inside ChildrenTree, with id Create child Man , in set feature:name and value expression
aql: self.eContainer().eContents() ->filter(basicfamily::Man)->size()

It displays in following way:

index.php/fa/33450/0/

index.php/fa/33451/0/

The issue is when we create new child man it will create man node inside as a child node but it will not affect the diagram.
If we use create man inside family tree tool it makes changes in diagram description but the node will not create as child node it will get created at the end.

[Updated on: Tue, 24 July 2018 08:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Issue while creating the child node in tree description in eclipse sirius [message #1792858 is a reply to message #1792525] Wed, 25 July 2018 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Florian Barbin is currently offline Florian BarbinFriend
Hi,

Quote:
The issue is when we create new child man it will create man node inside as a child node but it will not affect the diagram.

Are your that when adding a new man in your tree representation, the model is also modified? save the changes and open the family model with the default model editor to make sure the changes are properly persisted.
Is your diagram synchronized? (right click "unsynchronized" is unchecked) or your representations are in automatic refresh? (Window > Preferences > Sirius > Automatic Refresh)

Quote:
If we use create man inside family tree tool it makes changes in diagram description but the node will not create as child node it will get created at the end.

I'm not sure to understand this part. You talk about diagram description, which is the definition of the diagram in the odesign file.

Regards,

Florian
Re: Issue while creating the child node in tree description in eclipse sirius [message #1793191 is a reply to message #1792858] Wed, 01 August 2018 10:28 Go to previous message
Prajna VGFriend
Hi Florian, thanks for replying.

In the diagram unsynchronized is unchecked and automatic refresh is checked.

When I create child man under a node in tree, in the diagrammatic representation in properties of that node, that child is added. But relation edge is not created.

index.php/fa/33553/0/ index.php/fa/33554/0/

With regards,

Prajna

[Updated on: Wed, 01 August 2018 10:29]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Sirius Bordered nodes layout
Next Topic:Cannot create a new container
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 17:13:01 GMT 2024