Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Set interface class operations
Set interface class operations [message #1792366] Mon, 16 July 2018 13:25 Go to next message
Ron Potashnik is currently offline Ron PotashnikFriend
I am using Papyrus with Eclipse C/C++ for linux.

When i want to create new interface in uml model, i can only add new attribute in the Properties tab.

How can i add new operations?
Re: Set interface class operations [message #1792415 is a reply to message #1792366] Tue, 17 July 2018 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ansgar Radermacher is currently offline Ansgar RadermacherFriend
Hi Ron,

you can add operations either via a class diagram or the property view. In case of the diagram, select the "Operation" tool from the palette and create a new one in the operation compartment of an interface. Normally, you should well see "owned operations" in the UML tab of the property view once an interface is selected. You can then add a new operation using "+" button. If not, please state which Papyrus version you are using.
Please note (in particular when being used to C++) the difference between an "operation" (a specification) and a behavior aka "method" providing an implementation. Both are linked via the "specification" and "method" references, respectively. Interfaces typically contain operations, but not behaviors.

Re: Set interface class operations [message #1792450 is a reply to message #1792415] Wed, 18 July 2018 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for the tip of choosing Operation in the palette tab, I was not aware of this option.

I don't know where to check my version, but if I choose Interface from the palette tab, I don't have the Owned operation in the Properties like I have when I choose Class.
Re: Set interface class operations [message #1792451 is a reply to message #1792450] Wed, 18 July 2018 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ansgar Radermacher is currently offline Ansgar RadermacherFriend
What you see in the properties view does not depend on the chosen tool but on the element that is currently selected. You see the version in the Help -> About Eclipse IDE -> click on papyrus icon
Re: Set interface class operations [message #1792462 is a reply to message #1792451] Wed, 18 July 2018 10:04 Go to previous message
version 1.0.2.v201502181349
Previous Topic:SysML 1.4 extension does not install
Next Topic:how to find or downloading SysML 1.4 in papyrus-photon-4.0.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 13:43:34 GMT 2024