Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Any tricks to create an edge (line) without any source or target nodes ?
Any tricks to create an edge (line) without any source or target nodes ? [message #1792206] Thu, 12 July 2018 15:08 Go to next message
Parsa Pourali is currently offline Parsa PouraliFriend
Hi,

I was wondering if there is any way to create a free edge on the diagram, which has no source or target nodes? It can be a free form line or sth like that. And I don't want to use custom image of a line or so because it's difficult to maintain its aspect ratio and resizing stuff.

Thanks,
Bests,
Parsa
Re: Any tricks to create an edge (line) without any source or target nodes ? [message #1792261 is a reply to message #1792206] Fri, 13 July 2018 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Parsa Pourali is currently offline Parsa PouraliFriend
Just for ppl who might be interested, I could do what I wanted by creating dumb nodes on the diagram and create edge between the nodes. The nodes are from WorkSpace style and have a small transparent image is their style. I also created a mouse listener on the source and target nodes to show an filled circle on when the mouse hovers the source and target (just to give a feedback to the user ).

Parsa
Re: Any tricks to create an edge (line) without any source or target nodes ? [message #1792334 is a reply to message #1792261] Mon, 16 July 2018 08:33 Go to previous message
Pierre Guilet is currently offline Pierre GuiletFriend
Hi,

Your solution is the right one. You always need a node.

To have a transparent node, you could just use a node without any style. It is not necessary to use a workspace image.

Regards,

Pierre Guilet - Obeo
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:Problem on auto create representations
Next Topic:Transactional Modelling Workbench
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:03:24 GMT 2024