Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » org.eclipse.core.contenttype: Could not create content describe
org.eclipse.core.contenttype: Could not create content describe [message #1792174] Thu, 12 July 2018 10:47 Go to next message
Jakob Sachs is currently offline Jakob SachsFriend
Im working on a custom editor and for that i want to define a custom content-type that can be opened by my editor.

My content-type is a xml with a specific namespace and root element. But everytime i start my eclipse it fails to create the content-type:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.contenttype 4 0 2018-07-12 12:35:01.911
!MESSAGE Could not create content describer for fooeditor.foofile. Content type has been disabled.

My plugin.xml:

<extension
         point="org.eclipse.core.contenttype.contentTypes">

<content-type
       base-type="org.eclipse.core.runtime.xml"
       default-charset="UTF-8"
       describer="org.eclipse.core.runtime.content.XMLRootElementContentDescriber2"
       file-extensions="xml"
       id="foofile"
       name="FOO File"
       priority="high">
         <describer
               class="org.eclipse.core.runtime.content.XMLRootElementContentDescriber2"
               plugin="org.eclipse.core.runtime_3.13.0.v20170207-1030">
            <parameter
                  name="element"
                  value="{http://www.foo.com}foo">
            </parameter>
         </describer>
      </content-type>
   </extension>

Im trying to figure this out for the past week and have no idea why this is not working. Any help is appreciated.
Re: org.eclipse.core.contenttype: Could not create content describe [message #1792178 is a reply to message #1792174] Thu, 12 July 2018 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jakob Sachs is currently offline Jakob SachsFriend
Sry for the double posting. The online form bugged out.
Re: org.eclipse.core.contenttype: Could not create content describe [message #1792208 is a reply to message #1792178] Thu, 12 July 2018 15:43 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

I've removed the duplicate thread.

If you're familiar with debugging your plug-in:
1) Get the source of the message's entry's plug-in, org.eclipse.core.contenttype, into your workspace. You can bring it in manually, or remove the filter for the "External Plug-in Libraries" project from the Project/Package Explorer, find the plug-in jar, and right-click->Import from Repository...
2) Use Search to open the file that contains the part of the message that's definitely boilerplate.
3) The string is probably externalized in a .properties file. If so, open the hyperlink on the property name.
4) You should now be on the line of code that emits the message. Set your breakpoint. Launch the runtime workbench. See why it got there.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Thu, 12 July 2018 20:03]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Disable automatic updates
Next Topic:Find & Replace?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:55:23 GMT 2024