Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Cannot install experimental features of Sirius 6.0 in Photon
Cannot install experimental features of Sirius 6.0 in Photon [message #1792101] Wed, 11 July 2018 11:24 Go to next message
eunjung park is currently offline eunjung parkFriend
Hello.

I'm using Sirius for my tool implementation and very thankful to all the staffs of Sirius.
I'm very happy to hear the news that Sirius has plan for cloud web applications.

To utilize the new feature, I downloaded the Sirius 6.0 in Photon, but I couldn't install experimental feature such as server and workflow.
Is this my computer's problem or because of under preparation?
I'd like to use it.
So could someone tell me about this problem?
I wonder when you are planning to official release for them.

Thanks again.

Best regards,
Grace
Re: Cannot install experimental features of Sirius 6.0 in Photon [message #1792103 is a reply to message #1792101] Wed, 11 July 2018 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierre-Charles David is currently offline Pierre-Charles DavidFriend
Quote:

I'm using Sirius for my tool implementation and very thankful to all the staffs of Sirius.
I'm very happy to hear the news that Sirius has plan for cloud web applications.

Thanks, glad to hear that. If you have specific use cases/deployment scenarios for a cloud-based Sirius, we'd be very glad to hear about them to help prioritizing the many possible features. Don't hesitate to comment here or drop me a mail if you prefer to discuss in private.

Quote:

To utilize the new feature, I downloaded the Sirius 6.0 in Photon, but I couldn't install experimental feature such as server and workflow.
Is this my computer's problem or because of under preparation?
I'd like to use it.
So could someone tell me about this problem?

If you've tried to find them directly in the official Photon repository, it's normal, they are not contributed in that repo (official SimRel repos can not contain experimental features). They are only available from Sirius's own repository at http://download.eclipse.org/sirius/updates/releases/6.0.0/oxygen

If you've already tried that and it did not work, can you give details about the exact steps you followed and the errors you had?

Quote:

I wonder when you are planning to official release for them.

The current plan is for the Workflow DSL to be officially released with Sirius 6.1, planned for this October. For the server part, it's a long term effort and is driven by concrete use cases. In 6.1 it should contain enough to drive the Workflow DSL and a first version of web-based diagrams (the exact scope for these is not completely fixed yet). After that, the scope of what the server is capable will progressively expand to include more and more as we increase the capabilities of the web-based diagrams. I can't give you a more precise timeline as it depends on many parameters. Obviously it will go faster if people are ready to help, with feedback about concrete use cases or sponsoring of particular features that they need.

Mélanie's latest blog has a "What's Next" section that gives a more high-level overview of where we're going.

Pierre-Charles David - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Cannot install experimental features of Sirius 6.0 in Photon [message #1792110 is a reply to message #1792103] Wed, 11 July 2018 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Pierre-Charles.
Thank you so much for your reply.
I tried to install Sirius 6.0 in oxygen, but it still cannot install the experimental features. (Other features were fine.)

The following is the what I did.
Help->Install New Software then, I wrote down the above address ( http://download.eclipse.org/sirius/updates/releases/6.0.0/oxygen) in work with input box.
The attachment is the screen shot about my install page.
Regarding to use-case scenarios, I email to you in private.

Thank you so much.

Best regards,
Grace

[Updated on: Fri, 13 July 2018 18:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Cannot install experimental features of Sirius 6.0 in Photon [message #1792144 is a reply to message #1792110] Thu, 12 July 2018 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I confirm the problem. It's because our server depends on parts of Jetty, and the version ranges we configured do not seem to match what is available in Oxygen. I'll open a bug and we'll try to fix that for 6.0.1 if possible (i.e. if Oxygen indeed contains versions compatible with our needs).

In the meantime, you can manually add http://download.eclipse.org/jetty/updates/jetty-bundles-9.x/9.4.10.v20180503/ to the list of available update sites and try the install again (make sure the "Contact all update sites" checkbox is enabled): p2 will then be able to pick the parts of Jetty we need from there. I just tested and it works for me.

Regards,

Re: Cannot install experimental features of Sirius 6.0 in Photon [message #1792276 is a reply to message #1792144] Fri, 13 July 2018 19:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Pierre-Charles.

Thank you so much for your help.
I tried to do it as you mentioned and succeed to install the packages.
However, I got a new error as the attached figure shows.
It says "Unhandled event loop exception. No more handles [Safari must be installed to use a SWT.WEBKIT - style Browser]". So, I installed Safari for windows, but it still shows the message.
Could you help for this?

Thank you so much.

Best regards,
Grace
Re: Cannot install experimental features of Sirius 6.0 in Photon [message #1792346 is a reply to message #1792276] Mon, 16 July 2018 11:18 Go to previous message
eunjung park wrote on Fri, 13 July 2018 21:06
Hi Pierre-Charles.

Thank you so much for your help.
I tried to do it as you mentioned and succeed to install the packages.
However, I got a new error as the attached figure shows.
It says "Unhandled event loop exception. No more handles [Safari must be installed to use a SWT.WEBKIT - style Browser]". So, I installed Safari for windows, but it still shows the message.

Yes, this is a known issue with 6.0.0 under Windows. It is being fixed by https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=536742 for the upcoming 6.0.1 release which should happen later this month.

Sorry about that.

Previous Topic:Transactional Modelling Workbench
Next Topic:Update model properties from custom widget
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 14:19:15 GMT 2024