Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Nebula » [GanttChart] Zooming for D_Day view?
[GanttChart] Zooming for D_Day view? [message #1792092] Wed, 11 July 2018 08:48 Go to next message
Robert Hilbrich is currently offline Robert HilbrichFriend

Thank you for providing the beautiful GanttChart widget, which I am using in my RCP application to display a (static) schedule of a real-time operating system (see [1]). I am using the D_DAY view, in which every time step resembles a certain "time unit" - this could be a second or a microsecond.

When you have a long running task with more than 100 time units, the scrolling becomes very clumsy. I tried to make the zooming work for the D_DAY view, but it seems like it is only working for the "regular view". See my GanttSettings here [2].

Is there any chance that the D_DAY view is already able to be zoom-ed? If not, what would be the best way to extend the zooming the current code base?

Thank you for any insights,

Robert

[1]: https://github.com/roberthilbrich/assist-public/wiki
[2]: https://github.com/RobertHilbrich/assist-public/blob/master/ch.hilbri.assist.scheduling/src/ch/hilbri/assist/scheduling/ui/multipageeditor/GanttSettings.java
Re: [GanttChart] Zooming for D_Day view? [message #1792095 is a reply to message #1792092] Wed, 11 July 2018 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wim Jongman is currently offline Wim JongmanFriend

Hi Robert,

Wow, that looks great. Did you ever consider coming to Eclipse with your open source part? It looks like that would fit well in the IOT group [2].

Yes, zooming seems a bit weird in dday mode. It is enlarging the view but it does not switch to a different unit. I guess you want zoom microseconds into seconds, etc..? What I would try is to switch off zooming and make your own zooming logic. Ideally there would be some kind of ZoomManager object that could be added to the chart. We are looking for a Gantt maintainer so if you want to jump in, you are more than welcome. Our contribution guide is here [1].

Cheers,

Wim

[1] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Nebula/Contributions
[2] https://iot.eclipse.org/
Re: [GanttChart] Zooming for D_Day view? [message #1792128 is a reply to message #1792095] Thu, 12 July 2018 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Hilbrich is currently offline Robert HilbrichFriend

Hi Wim,
yeah, I am considering to move to Eclipse, but so far, I do not have many contributors and I think, I might have to talk to the Capella guys some more. Why do you think, I could fit in the IoT group? I would rather see ASSIST in the systems engineering department ... focusing on safety-critical systems.

Regarding zooming in the Ganttchart - thanks for you information. I will probably find some more time this fall / winter. I am not sure about being maintainer - I will need to get a more detailed look on the code itself. I will get back to you later ...

Cheers,
Robert
Re: [GanttChart] Zooming for D_Day view? [message #1792149 is a reply to message #1792128] Thu, 12 July 2018 07:50 Go to previous message
Wim Jongman is currently offline Wim JongmanFriend

Hi Robert,

IoT is quite broad and software deployment is an important part of a professional roll out. At least if this is what ASSIST does.

Regarding Gantt; is it an idea to provide [+] and [-] action on the toolbar to zoom in and out? You would then render the chart again for the new unit.

Cheers,

Wim
Previous Topic:RichTextEditor: Table-Tags are removed when set in editor?
Next Topic:Nebula Project Webpage Missing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 20:23:42 GMT 2024